It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
(female)

Kirstin82 HB User
Daycare Advice – Friends vs. Grandma

I don't want to provide much back history on what my issue is, I just want to know people's thoughts are. My husband and I have a little girl who is 17 months old. We currently send her to our friends, who are licensed daycare providers. We have never had any issues with them and I have never had an anxiety leaving her with them. My husband's mother moved across two states to be closer to us and her only grand-baby and really wants to provide daycare for us. What are people's thoughts on letting grandma provide daycare? Has this worked out for other people or has this just caused tension in the family?

Thanks for any and all thoughts!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Daycare Advice – Friends vs. Grandma

I think there is nothing better than grandmas love, as long as you have a good open relationship, your mil can abide by your decisions as far as feeding, napping and behavior rules, that you set... Will she ask for money, and is she available the hours that you need her every week? Perhaps you could split the time between both, saving some money, while not burdening your mil with daily care. How is your mils health, energy and attitude? I would take all this into consideration while making this decision. If you can save the cost of half the daycare expense, you could put that away for college, a big help. I think it is all up to the relationship...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread