It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
(male)

keith1711 HB User
Childrens Vesectomies

Can a child of ten years receive a vesectomy? There has been rumours of the medical profession concidering allowing ten year old boys to have a vesectomy. I have read posts and articles relating to this on the internet.

I know there has to be a way to curb the alarming rise of teenage pregnancies, but is this the way to go and is the operation totally reversable?

Apparently, the idea is to vasectomise ten year old boys and reverse the operation when they are 18 years old, if at that age they want children.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Re: Childrens Vesectomies

I very much doubt they can - grown men sometimes fight tooth and nail trying to get a vasectomy and still can't. Besides, vasectomy reversals are not guaranteed to work - I think they only have maybe a 10-15 percent chance of being successful.

But there are some boys and teen males who I think very much ought to be prevented from spreading their genes, such as very violent children, very mentally ill children, sociopathic kids, children who seriously harm or kill others, those who commit crimes.

I think the best bet would be to fit all girls with IUDs once they hit age 11-14. Stick the 10-year ones in all of them and once they reach the age of 18, they can decide if they want to take the devices out or get new ones. I hate to be sexist, but there's sadly no such device for men/boys (besides chastity belts).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Curious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB User

That's a bunch of bull-pucky. Parents cannot take their child to get sterilized. I think I read one of the articles you may have read. Well, it seemed like the only article at all that addressed your question. You may have noticed that there were simply zero authorities or legitimate references to such an outlandish notion.

Quite simply, the ONLY person who can lawfully make a decision about his or her ability to reproduce is the individual--and such a request would be futile if made before the age of consent is reached . In fact, you would be hard pressed to find a mainstream doctor who would perform such an operation on a 21 year-old, much less a small child.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Stranger View Post

I think the best bet would be to fit all girls with IUDs once they hit age 11-14. Stick the 10-year ones in all of them and once they reach the age of 18, they can decide if they want to take the devices out or get new ones. I hate to be sexist, but there's sadly no such device for men/boys (besides chastity belts).

Wow. That's just scary. How about parents be parents, and teach abstinence and then actually keep an eye on their kids and know what their kids are doing??? It's not really that hard, is it???

Sorry. I have 4 girls, and the thought of having anyone tell me that they HAD to be on any form of birth control, especially one as potentially dangerous as an IUD, really makes me want to smack someone.... and I know it's all hypothetical, and I have nothing against you, Dark Stranger, but your suggestion has already been whispered in many higher up political circles, and it is scary to think that it could potentially happen!!!

There is just so much going on right now, that is just so out of control.... the S3X Box over in Switzerland, given out to Elementary age kids, some scientists right here in good ol' USA is trying to redefine pedophilia.... by the way, the pc term is, "minor attracted," isn't that just awesome?

I wouldn't be at all surprised at vasectomies being handed out to 10 year old boys....

Old 08-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Unfortunately, abstinence is not a reliable form of birth control because it has to be used faithfully. You can tell teens until you're blue in the face that sex is bad, but odds are they'll still have it and most likely will be reckless about it.

The fact is there are a lot of dumb kids raised by dumb parents - just look at the teen pregnancy forum here. Kids who don't know crap about how pregnancy happens. Kids who are too embarrassed to buy condoms or who don't want Mommy and Daddy to know they're sexually active.

Also, IUDs aren't dangerous. At least no more dangerous than pregnancy and subsequent childbirth. What's the risk? Uterine perforation? Expulsion? Pelvic inflammatory disease if the girl is promiscuous. Copper allergy, but there are IUDs with no copper. The risk of all of those is small, and compare those to risks in pregnancy: hyperemesis, pre-ecclampsia and ecclampsia, uterine rupture, ectopic pregnancy, incomplete miscarriage (leftover pregnancy tissue can cause very bad infection)...I could go on and on. In short, I've never heard of an IUD killing anyone, whereas women can get very sick or even die from pregnancy complications.

And I've nothing against you or anyone else here either, marisuela...I just don't think parents on average do a very good job of teaching their kids to be safe about sex or preventing pregnancy. Then those teen girls may well end up as high school dropouts who go on welfare because they think having lots of babies they can't afford is a good life to have. Then those who are more responsible about their lives have more of their paycheck taken away to support these idiot girls.

With condoms and birth control, you have to assume the child knows enough to use them and use them properly. Your everyday teen thinks the withdrawal method is reliable, or douching with soda pop. With an IUD, these girls can be protected from pregnancy without needing to worry about proper use and if they want babies when they're adults, they can take the IUD out.

Maybe offer some kind of tax credit to parents who have their children temporarily sterilized - that way, it's not mandatory, but there's an incentive.

Closed Thread