HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Parenting Issues (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/parenting-issues/)
-   -   Sleeping Baby (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/parenting-issues/865458-sleeping-baby.html)

angelsaware6103 08-22-2011 12:31 PM

Sleeping Baby

I have a 13 month old Grand daughter. when she comes over and spends the night with me she is in bed by 9 pm or so. I don't pressure her to a bed time. She gets up with me between 6 and 7 am is always ready for a nap by 9 or 10 ( within three hours of awakening)she sleeps about an hour. She is up by 11 am goes down for another by 3 pm for about two hours and back to bed by 9 or ten and sleeps the whole night through. I should also mention and you will see why that my studio apartment is well lit and in the heart of the downtown area so during the day there is ample volume to everyday sounds.
When she goes home.... She is up early (by early I mean whenever she awakens and somebody responds. She isn't allowed to take a nap until 12 pm but is allowed to sleep as long as she wants, usually 2 to 3 hours. She is then put to bed at 8 p[m every night regardless of how tired she is. Her 'BEDROOM' is a small walk in closet and regardles of the size it is so full of stuff (Not dirty mind you just full)that there is only room to walk to her crib and place her in it. There is no natural light or air in this closet.
Is it just me or does this seem abusive to anyone else. I think it's cruel and un-natural, and I'm worried about the phsycological effect it might have on her. It is hard to discern her feelings as she is the happiest baby I have ever seen. I do know when it is time for me to take her home...she cries.When she hears her mom or so called dad's voice and she knows she is going home...she cries.
I wish I had the resources and funds to keep her more often but I don't but any input would be appreciatted.

Signed A Scared Papa

Curious One 08-24-2011 02:44 PM

Re: Sleeping Baby

What kind of input are you hoping for?

Her bed at home is really a CLOSET?

Is this your son's or your daughter's child?

angelsaware6103 08-30-2011 02:19 PM

[QUOTE=Curious One;4829185]What kind of input are you hoping for?

Her bed at home is really a CLOSET?

Is this your son's or your daughter's child?[/QUOTE]

angelsaware6103 08-30-2011 02:25 PM

It's my stepdaughter's child through a prior relationship.She is being raised by her grandmother,(my-ex) and her new boyfriend. Any kind of input would be good. I had gotten answers to the bedtime thing and I am ok with that now. She has a large playpen for her bed and yes it is in a closet. A small walk-in with stuff stacked all around her. We live in California and although the odds are against me I pray for no earthquakes daily.

careindeed 08-30-2011 03:05 PM

i thnk you should follow a procedure to wake up the kid,i think in this age you should let your daughter to sleep more than 8 hour.