It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
(female)

proudmomtwoboys HB User
Angry My son is bullied by Second graders

Hello all,
My son is in First grade and this year is the first time riding on the school bus. My son has been complaining that there are 2 boys on the bus that trouble him, yesterday when he got down the bus he told me that the boys asked him about the color of his rear end and to suck it. They also asked him if he knew what showing the middle finger meant, he said they wanted to tell him what it meant but they reached their stop. I asked him what he did, he said he ignored the boys like i asked him to. Should i tell my son to stand up and complain to the bus driver or should i send a note to his teacher. I asked him not to sit near those boys and move if they come next to him. I am not sure if I am doing the right thing asking him to ignore them.
The bullies are 2nd graders.

Last edited by proudmomtwoboys; 09-13-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Re: My son is bullied by Second graders

I would give a note to both the teacher and the bus driver. Additionally, tell your son to sit up front, as close to the bus driver, as possible. Chances are, those 2nd grade boys won't bully your son if they know adult ears are around.

The Following User Says Thank You to Belly Kelly For This Useful Post:
proudmomtwoboys (09-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

It is your responsibility to protect your son from bullying at all costs. Bully's are no longer tolerated, zero tolerance, so speak up for your son. Talk the the bus driver, the teacher, the principal, the children and their parents. We must stop bullying for our children. Schools have very strict rules regarding this terrible practice, and will stand behind you 100%/ Do not feel badly or embarrassed to speak up. We are all behind you. Bully's are creeps and they are no longer tolerated.

Thank goodness bully's are going to soon be a thing of the past!

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
proudmomtwoboys (09-18-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
(female)

aleksia HB Useraleksia HB User

If I were you, I would immediately talk to the teacher and the bus driver. If bullying doesn't stop right away, I would talk to the principal. You shouldn't tolerate that your son gets bullied even one day. I wouldn't. I agree with the poster who said that your sone should sit close to the bus driver. Your son needs to be protected and the bullies need to be stopped right away.

The Following User Says Thank You to aleksia For This Useful Post:
proudmomtwoboys (09-19-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
(female)

proudmomtwoboys HB User

Thanks Belly Kelly, writeleft and aleksia for all the suggestions, i went ahead sent a note to his teacher and asked my son to sit in front near the driver. Hes happy and excited to ride on the bus again.

Closed Thread