It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Thanksgiving I hate it!

Asking for your opinion:

Every year I hate this holiday because everyone fights. My mother used to do gatherings at her house with my two brothers and their wives. Somehow it never works out because my one sister in law is so nasty. She never sits down at the dinner table with all of us because she'll go up in another room and sit or go outside to play with her young kids. She was always nasty to me. She even told my mom what time she was going to eat - so we had to eat at 11:00 a.m. instead of the normal dinner time like most people do. Oh how this woman burned me so many times through the years. I have learned my lesson to just avoid them altogether. I haven't seen them in 3 years because they never call you to how your doing. They don't call my mom so my mom has to call them. When my other brother got married - my youngest brother was late to the wedding and then his wife brought Mcdonalds for her kids to a formal wedding. She again was unsocial and left the dinner table to play with her kids. There are many stories to tell but I got tired of all so now I just do my own thing on Thanksgiving.

So this year I had planned the same thing I do every year and my nice sister in law wants to join us plus invite the nasty sister in law but only for the sake of my mom. I don't mind if the nice sister in law comes but I told her I don't want the nasty sister in law because I don't want drama (even my kids refuse to eat with that lady). So my mother is all upset with me because I refuse to eat with the nasty sister in law and she feels sorry for son. This is the son that never showed up when my mom was in the hospital and me the daughter was with her the whole time. My mother wants me to go to take the punishment of this lady. My mother complains all year round about selfish these people are and saw their true colors. They used her so many times.

Now my daughter asked my mom early summer before all this came up "Could you please spend Thanksgiving with us for once this year because you spent time with Uncle Ronny last year" So her response was "yes" --- so now that this has come up where others all involved she is going with the nasty sister in law if they decide to come. So my daughter is crying now because she feels my mom doesn't care for her much.

What I want to know is why she punishes me because I don't get along with the lady which I have bent over backwards to be nice to. So she would rather hurt me and have me take this ladies crap - just sit down and shut up. Why does she bow down to this lady who does not care about her??? Why does she feel sorry for my brother who never calls her??? If I call over there and my brother calls at the same time she would choose my brothers phone call. She drops me like a heartbeat. Why is that??? I guess the meaner you are the better you get treated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Curious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB User
Re: Thanksgiving I hate it!

Hi Gigi,

I'm sorry you don't have any replies. I have to say that your post reads very much like a vent -- which is perfectly okay -- and that that might be why people just listened.

Closed Thread