It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User
Help my grown stepdaughter hates me

I will make it as quck as short as possible, my husband died last August 2010, we were separated since 2002 but remained friends and talked occasionally on the phone, I found out he was deceased when I was on the internet looking for his new address and on a hunch went to SS index and found out 7 months after the fact,she buried him without me and put that we were divorced on his death certificate, I located her on facebook and she said that he on his death bed requested that I not see him in his present condition, she still didnot have a reason for not telling me he was dead, fast forward a year later and the US GOVERNMENT notified me he had a case for agent orange from 2005 and they were looking for me since he put me on the claim as his dependant ,they aslo asked about her and where she lived and I gave them all that I knew, well a few months later ,they awarded me a huge lump sum with monthly checks to follow, they notified her of the award and she thinks she deserves half (she is 41 and married) she had tried to get the settlement but they turned her down, she has harrased me by facebook,phone calls and mail ,I tried to make her understand about all of my medical bills and his debts, well,she's not having it, she says she is in a hardship and needs it badly ,I am not legally bound to give her any, but what about the moral ,if I give her something ,I will feel bullied into it, keeping in mind I had to pat him on the back every father's day and birthday when she didn't call of give him a gift, he once told me that all she cared about was money, I told her that in response to her constantly hounding me for the money and laying a guilt trip on me saying ,you are a mother surely you can understand what I am going thru, She was insulted when I told her what he had said about her and now says she will see me in court, I'am not afraid of that, but people sometimes do crazy things for money,I hope she's not going over the edge (she's hated me from day one and was the main reason we broke up) he at times seemed to be afraid of her, she was not an only child and my husband had a older son that was robbed and killed at age 26 and she always accused him of doing more for the son (different mothers)
by the way the compensation was six figures , I am 60 years old and disabled and want to move out of my daughter's house and this money will have me to live independantly, any advive thoughts similar experiences would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Re: Help my grown stepdaughter hates me

So sorry no one has responded. I got so mad at your stepdaughter while reading this. It IS all about the money for her. Do not let her bully you. It will cost her money to take this to court and she probably doesn't even have a case since your ex-husband named you the dependant. If they asked for her information, she probably got something as well. She THINKS she deserves half. WHY?! As you said she never treated her father right. How do you ignore someone on father's day?

You take care of yourself with the money that your ex-husband wanted YOU to have. Don't talk to her anymore. Get off Facebook. and God Bless!

PS Who cares if she hates you. No really, if she's the reason you and your ex broke up, why does it matter how she feels? She ruined your life and his. Now she wants to continue doing so. Don't let it go on. Move and don't give her your new address. Block her on facebook. Change your number (well that will change once you move unless you have a cell).

Last edited by sawbuck44; 07-13-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Added PS

Closed Thread