It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

workinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB User
sending packages to son at college?

sending packages to son at college: Yes or no? He is our middle son, first to go far away to college. He has expressed missing home, family, dog. I miss him awfully (I am mom, & We were really close always). So I mailed him a card yesterday, and he asked for a few items so I am mailing those Monday. My husband wants us to mail him a fall care package, like his favorite candies, a few Halloween decorations, some of those flavored powders you put into water bottles, etc. I just worry will it make him more home sick if We do this or is.it ok? Our older son never left home so.this is new for us. Thanks.
Arthritis
Herniations
Spurs

Old 09-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Re: sending packages to son at college?

Yes you should. It is very normal that students feel homesick the first few weeks of college. Encourage him to go to activities and join organizations. Get involved!

I would also include breakfast items, gum, etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
(male)

tasdad HB User
Re: sending packages to son at college?

Definitely send him care packages. It will make him feel less homesick, and he will know that you are thinking of him. He will feel homesick to start, everyone does, but it is a natural part of being away from home. He is taking a very big step toward being a man. If possible send him some prepaid phone cards or cell phone credits. That way he can always ring to chat. Good luck to him.

The Following User Says Thank You to tasdad For This Useful Post:
workinmom572 (10-21-2012)
Closed Thread