It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
(male)

pipps HB User
Family Relationships

I am new here and I am glad that I found this website. I am at my wits end. I have no one to talk to and here is why. My significant other is my closest but the problem is with her brother. She really does not see any problem with what is going on but I do. I need to figure out if I am crazy or her brother is. Any advice would be helpful. Here it is. I have a 17 month old daughter who is the love of my life. We live in an area dominated by her family as my family is 4 hours away. Anyway, we spend a lot of time with her family. She has 3 brothers and a mom and a dad. Everyone loves my daughter which is great. They all pick her up and play with her and I love this but her one brother always has to dominate the situation. When we are around him he picks her up and takes her to other rooms where no one is or always has to be holding her especially during dinner. Doesn't sound too bad but it is constant. Its like excuse me but can I spend time with my daughter. He cannot stand when I am giving her attention because he will always try to get her attention away from me. It is bizarre but nobody notices because that is just him. He disciplines her, he always has to be playing with her and when we are all out, he always has to be the one holding her and parading around like she is her daughter. Everyone else will play with her but know when to draw the line. Now on the surface, nothing should seem to bad but it strikes me odd that he acts this way. Its as if he wants to be her dad. He seems to feed off of her attention. It's annoying and it makes me not want to be around her family. He has a fiance around and he completely ignores her when by baby is around. I find that odd as well. My significant other just says that's how he is. Well, great, but one of these days I am going to blow up on him. I realize this may sound like an over reaction. It is great that he loves her but I think he takes it too far. I have a lot of other examples but I am trying to keep this as short as possible. I cannot talk to my significant other because she gets mad at me for bringing this up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply