It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parenting Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #16
(male)

John46 HB User
Re: anyone have a teen w/panic attacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneexx90 View Post
Hello,

My 15 yo dd has begun to have what we're pretty sure are panic attacks. We are getting bloodwork this weekend to rulle out medical issues. She is a fantastic child, but has always been a worrier. Since she started high school this year, she has begun having migraines, and now these attacks. The school she is in is HUGE and VERY chaotic. It is overcrowded, lots of drugs and gangs, etc... She is in good classes, but hatest he environment. However, she cannot leave the school district, because they are opening a smaller, much better school next year which she will attend. I am considering having her attend the district cyberschool for the rest of this year until we can hopefully get her anxiety under control. DO you think this is a good or terrible idea? I don't want her to avoid things, but this just seems to be way to much for her at once. HELP!!

Old 05-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #17
(male)

John46 HB User
Re: teen daughter getting panic attacks-help!

I myself have suffered panic attacks for the past 17 years the best way to control the attacks in to reinsure her everything will be okay.I control mine by taking 20 to 25 min a day for my self just to relax another way is to possibly talking to someone . Kids at that age have a lot of stress best thing to do is make sure she tells you when she doesn't feel right and talk that does let out a lot stress but knowing someone is always there takes a lot away thanks john.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply