HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Parenting Issues (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/parenting-issues/)
-   -   A 32 yr old bullying my 3 yr old - HELP (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/parenting-issues/945194-32-yr-old-bullying-my-3-yr-old-help.html)

jilas0127 04-04-2013 07:07 AM

A 32 yr old bullying my 3 yr old - HELP

So, My ex-husbands sister in law is a very jealous, vindictive, backstabbing, malicious, bully. My 3 yr old son is absolutley TERRIFIED of this woman. There have been several occasions where she has been caught by another family member making mean scary faces at him when she thought nobody was looking. In another incident, when Grandma was holding my son, she walked past this offender, and the offender grabbed and squeezed my son's foot, hard enough to make him cry. Since then, they basically just do not leave this person unattended with my son at family gatherings. This easter, my ex actually told me he wanted me to pick up my son before this woman arrived for easter dinner, because he said when she is there. my son just latches on to my ex in sheer terror of her. I asked my son last night why he is so scared of her, and he told me "because she hits me". After trying to address the issue with him from different angles to get as much info as I could (remember he's only 3)... it basically boils down to at one time or another, she has hit him in the head and made him cry. At this point, I am in a pure rage. I'm not sure how to go about handling this. I'd like to press some kind of charges on her, but where there is not physical evidence of the abuse, I'm not sure if I can.

I guess she has been confronted about her behavior toward my son and his absolute fear of her several times, and her response is "he's just going to have to get over it".

I know that her reason for doing this is because she is a very jealous brat. She doesn't like my son because now her kids are not the only grandkids and my son gets a ton of affection. He is known to be so very sweet and well behaved, while her kids are just heathens. I really need some advice on how to handle this, before I get myself in trouble.

Seraph 04-04-2013 07:24 AM

Re: A 32 yr old bullying my 3 yr old - HELP

Your ex's action in asking you to pick up your son early is the right thing. Just don't let him go to where this woman is if it can be avoided, and if it is unavoidable then protecting him is the priority. You will not have any luck in prosecuting the previous allegation, but make sure there is no other.

rosequartz 04-04-2013 07:31 AM

don't expose him to this nut-job...OR her kids! you don't want your son learning bad habits from the little heathens....LOL
distance yourself from these people, be busy when they invite you over, etc.

jilas0127 04-04-2013 07:38 AM

I don't ever go to my mother-in-laws house, and apparently they make sure that she is not left unattended at all with him (which in my mind is pointless, it only takes one second to horrify him)I want to say something to her, or maybe even inflict violence lol. She can't just get away with this and everyone just avoid the issue.

rosequartz 04-04-2013 07:40 AM

it's like the elephant in the living room.....everyone knows it's there but no one says anything. It almost sounds like this woman could have some mental health issues and the family is in denial

Kszan 04-05-2013 12:41 PM

This is your ex husbands sister in law? Why hasn't your ex talked to her himself or tell his brother that his wife is a crazy psychopath who keeps terrorizing your son? It seems like your ex husband is just sitting there without causing a huge stink about this in the family! What's his problem, is he afraid of her?

Personally if I were you, I would never bring my son over if she is going to be there. And don't leave him with those grandparents either because clearly they don't care about this either. You're the mom, you have a right to keep your son safe from people who scare him.

jilas0127 04-05-2013 03:14 PM

I told my husband that it is his job as his dad and the brother of this rag to step up and talk to his brother about his wife. He said and I quote "I'm not getting into this with you. You are just mad and want to destroy everything around you. He's not going to be near her. it's over". THAT is how his dad handled it. And you're right, if nobody is going to do anything about it, he doesn't need to be there.

Kszan 04-05-2013 03:42 PM

Wow, I can see why he's an "ex" with that attitude of his! I wouldn't want to be married to a guy like that who has so little concern for the well being of his child, so good for you for getting out of that marriage!

And also good for you for not bringing your son around that psychopath woman anymore. That's the best possible choice in my opinion.

jilas0127 04-05-2013 03:50 PM

He told me just because he isn't handling like I would, doesn't mean he doesn't care. Well, I'm sorry, but the fact that he doesn't even seem angry about this whole thing just makes me realize that him and that whole family are just pathetic. Yes, I am angry... I have every right to be. and yes, I do want to destroy HER. Who wouldn't? I sent her an email today and basically told her if she goes near my son again, or even looks at him wrong, I'll destroy her. I have no problem going to jail for whooping her you-know-what. That is MY SON and he cannot defend himself. And apparently, he own dad can't defend him. I will.
I'm contemplating filing a police report so that its at least on file.