It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board

DaT scan nervousness

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2017, 08:08 AM   #1
Nennie
(female)

Nennie HB User
DaT scan nervousness

Hi,

I am new here and have yet to be diagnosed. I am 54 and started having tremors 6-8 months ago. They can been bad at times and I may go 2-3 days without any. I really notice it in my hand when I lay down and try to turn the pages of my book. I also have nerve damage from a bone spur that was removed in 2006 from C5-C6. I have had 3 MRI's since Jan. 1. One of my neck where I had the surgery, one of my brain and one of my T-spine. I have been on Carbodopa-Levidopa for 6 weeks (full dose for a little over a week)I saw my Neurologist again yesterday and they have ordered a DaTscan for March 10th. They seem to think it's Spasticity and/or Dystonia from my spine but nothing has changed in my MRI's from last year so we are running out of answers. Will the meds cause any kind of false negative with the DaTscan? This is all new to me and rather scary. Thank you for any help and or advice any of you can give me.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply