It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
(female)

curlysue75 HB User
Young sufferers of Parkinson's

My brother is only 24 years old. He was diagnosed with Juvenile Parkinson's at the young age of 17. He takes numerous medications and has had 3 surgeries thus far. The last one was pretty recent and everyone in the family was expecting a miraculous recovery, especially my brother. The surgery went well but results that he espected were not met. He has become depressed and does not do much besides sitting, usually in fron t of Tv or at computer. His strength has been leaving him. I am hoping to find someone who is going through this as well.... someone young like him maybe. I think it is hard for the family to understand when we have not gone through this. Any reply is welcome. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 11:48 AM   #2
(female)

jansmokeyty HB User
Re: Young sufferers of Parkinson's

unfortunatly there is no miracle cure. not yet anyways. my grandfather has it but he was diagnosed fairly young. about 49.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2005, 10:54 PM   #3

parkie HB User
Re: Young sufferers of Parkinson's

Can you tell me what medicines he's taking and how he's doing now? Tell him that new and better medicines will be coming out in the future. Maybe he'll feel better if he has a girlfriend or go to church.

Old 01-25-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
(female)

jansmokeyty HB User
my grandpa is depressed too i think

Last edited by jansmokeyty; 01-25-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Closed Thread