It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Does Parkinsons cause dizziness?

Hi to everyone, anyone,

My father has parkinsons. Has been diagnosed for a little over a year. Probably had it about 2 yr. b4 that. Does any know or have experience with the possibility of parkinsons causing dizziness? Or perhaps, fogginess? How about possibly just a feeling of not being "there"?

My dad says he is dizzy a lot. My mom and him think it is his meds making him dizzy. But, his drs. say it is his illnessess. He has alzheimers in addition to parkinsons.

Thanks for any answers or help. Wannabe

The following user gives a hug of support to WannaBeFreeToRoam:
redrobin22 (01-04-2012)
Old 08-24-2005, 06:21 AM   #2
(male)

Sideem HB User
Re: Does Parkinsons cause dizziness?

My Mom has Parkinson's and yes, she suffers from dizziness sometimes. The inner ear normally controls your balance but with Parkinson's, you lose that balance at times.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi Sideem,

Thanks for the answers. If I may ask, what kind of medicine does your mom take for the parkinsons? My dad takes carbidopa/levadopa (sinemet), 2 x day. I think it is helping to keep it where it is. When he gets nervous or in a hurry, then his hands shake more! I will have to tell him that his parkinsons helps make him dizzy. At least, this will let him know that there is not too much he can do about it. He is always going to drs. about his dizziness!

Thanks again. Take care. Wannabe

Old 08-25-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
(male)

Sideem HB User

You're welcome! My Mom takes sinemet 3 x daily. She still has the occasional hand shaking and the medicine seems to wear off quickly if she does too much activity (walking, cooking, etc.) but otherwise it has helped tremendously. I really hope they find a cure for this disease.

Old 09-30-2006, 11:15 PM   #5
(female)

Dania1 HB User

Hi,

My husband was diagnosed with Parkinsons about six months ago. He is constantly feeling lightheaded or dizzy. He keeps trying to adjust his
medication, but it doesn't help. It really gets him down. His blood pressure is fine, so that's not it. He had a CAT scan and an MRI and everything came back negative, so that's good. Sometimes the dizziness will just disappear for a few hours, but we can't really connect it to anything.

Hang in there.

Closed Thread