It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #1
(female)

blessedw/yungpd HB User
Heres my story of being a Young Parky at 41--I have had it for 15 yrs!!!

Hope that I help anyone ... thru my struggle.. sorry I have problems typing hope this makes sense...

Hi my name is Lisa ..
I am 41 and I am living not dying with Pd I started having signs at 26yrs old.. Rightt, after birth of my youngest son.. At 30, the bomb hit.. The same year I finished college after enduring a physically abusive man and caring for 3 babies.. I got my BS got job as an adjutor making good money divorced the jerk.. All this was bittersweeet. I was hiding the dianogsis. 4yrs later the st ress and long hours of the job not eating or sleeping. Because, I wanted to succeed before this beast in me reared its ugly head.. And, of course now being single I was determined to find true love before i was a "cripple'' This lead me down a path of horror.. When they discovered tat work of my disease I went from the golden one to the expenible one.. I was in no time handed my walking papers and disabilty forms at same time.. My worst time came the year before my operation.. I spent the year basically in bed trying to be a mom and having a family that appeared to care but didnt help..My life was a mess my kids were outta control.. I was partying too much.. Not taking care of myself at a crucial time. See in the beginning,even the doctor are in denial. They ruled pd out imediately by saying "you are too young" ...At one time they were giving me 1400mg of muscle relaxer a day.. I used to hide it telling people all sorts off things ..But, mine has progressed fast.. And at 36, IUPUI doctors decided after battery of phych tests that I would be good canidate to have implanted tthe deepp brain stimulator.. At that time I decided to not make my fight private.. I allowed the nnews to interview my and the paper to be in the operating room.. See hiding my fight just caused it to control me.. By explaining my struggle and helping others to understand I was or am helping myself.. Not to scare anyone, but it will get worse.,.If you don't stop denying it.. Get rid of the stress, eat right and exercise.. Dance, and just love life.. i read ssomething the other day that touched me..

Life's Struggle
Author: Unknown
A man found a cocoon of an emperor moth. He took it home so that he could watch the moth come out of the cocoon. On the day a small opening appeared, he sat and watched the moth for several hours as the moth struggled to force the body through that little hole.

The moth seemed to be stuck and appeared to have stopped making progress. It seemed as if it had gotten as far as it could and it could go no farther. The man, in his kindness, decided to help the moth; so he took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The moth then emerged easily. But its body was swollen and small, its wings wrinkled and shriveled.

The man continued to watch the moth because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to and able to support the body, which would contract in time. Neither happened! In fact, the little moth spent the rest of its life crawling around with a small, swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.

The man in his kindness and haste did not understand that the struggle required for the moth to get through the tiny opening was necessary to force fluid from the body of the moth into its wings so that it would be ready for flight upon achieving its freedom from the cocoon. Freedom and flight would only come after the struggle. By depriving the moth of a struggle, he deprived the moth of health.

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If we were to go through our life without any obstacles, we would be crippled. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. Give every opportunity a chance, leave no room for regrets, and don't forget the power in the struggle.

POWER OF THE LORD

Not only do you have the struggles of the beast inside you. But, being young, yoou will get face alot of mindless uninformed people.. Once, I couldn't walk and had to sit on cement.. A police oficier came to me told me to get up that I was not allowed to sit there .. I said I have pd I cant walk .. he yelled at me said your faking you were just walking .. I said it can change from min to mmin depending on moods.. He handcuff me and him and another officier stated saying your drunk look at you.. I was crying he tried to drag me to maake me walk ... And, started laughing at me saying look your even foaming at mouth.. She peoople think parkisons disease is just shaking.. God, i wish.. I know pee myself if i dont get too bathrroom fast, I have been made fun of after taking sinemet for so long the dyskensais bad.. You woukdn't bellieve the people who treat you and actually caall you mental.. I goot alot of stories but remeber my friends God loves us ... He has allowed this to have this disease cause He knows we can endure and become stronger in Him....PD is the devils tool to get you to believe God forsakes us.. When actually, we are the lcky one iff we can endure in the Lords name and make whaat the devil intended for evil to turn to good... wouldn't that **** the devil off ... think all the suffering doesn't compare to what jesus suffered and before he died he said "it finished" thatt must ****** devil off all the time devil thought he was winning then Jesus said it finished letting the devil know that he played into Gods hand.. I sttop for now sorry when I'm feeling good I am long winded

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
(male)

d444 HB User
Re: Heres my story of being a Young Parky at 41--I have had it for 15 yrs!!!

its absolutly terrible for anyone at any age to go through these things, but reading stories of anyone young affected but any terrible desiese is even worse. so sorry to hear everything you went through.

im 24 and have hypothyroidism, which left me with no energy amoung a whole bunch of other real bad symptoms. i also have a grandfather with PD and recentlt got scared as i strted to have some weird jerks and tremors while falling asleep (for about 2 yrs now) i went to a nuerologist 2 yrs ago and they dismissed it by saying your too yound. but it seems so many here have been diagnosed in early 30s and even 20s. im scared that PD is genetic and that i may have early symptoms now. what were some of your symptoms?

Closed Thread