It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
(female)

topsy123 HB User
Cramps In My Feet

Does anyone suffer from foot cramps. I get a sudden pain in arch of my foot, it takes you breath away its SO painfull. It last only a few mins then goes, but leaves my foot and leg feeling quite tender. I am getting them more and more, it can suddenely come on even when I am just sittibg doing nothing. Please let me know if anyone else gets this.....Thanks....

Old 04-03-2008, 03:44 AM   #2
(male)

vmartino26 HB User
Re: Cramps In My Feet

I've had problems with "cramps" or muscle spasms dating back many years. I'd get them in my legs, then they'd move around through my body. And then ultimately down to my feet and toes. I remember waking up at night and having to walk around because the cramps in my feet and arch area would force me out of bed. You should follow up with your doctor about what's causing the cramping. There are lots of different conditions that may be causing it, Parkinson's disease being one. So it's a serious symptom. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
(male)

liveto100 HB User
Re: Cramps In My Feet

I've been getting bad cramps in my legs and feet for several years. Usually several times a day. I can make them go away by stretching the affected muscle.

takes discipline to stretch a muscle that's already making me grimmace in pain but now that I know it works I instantanty start stretching the muscle the moment pain starts and that way I keep the whole problem under control.

My hands shake a little sometimes and I'm becoming clumsy, often dropping things or reaching for something and knocking it over instead of grasping it.

Being in my sixties, maybe its just the ravages of age. Maybe it's just side effects from some meds I take. But maybe there's more to it. That's why I'm here checking out this forum on PD.

Not sure what to do, if anything right now, so I'll just keep on truckin' and mention this to my doctor next time I go for a checkup. Nothing to get stressed out about. I've already outlived a lot of less fortunate folks.

Closed Thread