It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
(female)

jsutoots HB User
Involuntary Movement - pointing fingers

I have seen a neurologist who specializes in Parkinson's Disease for this problem... my pinky and pointer fingers spas out on both hands.. Does anyone know about this.. or can relate.. and WHAT CAN I DO? I also get neck pain and was in a serious car accident in 2001 where I had major whiplash...

Old 09-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
(female)

motther10cat HB User
Re: Involuntary Movement - pointing fingers

Hi hope you don't mind me asking but do you have parkinsons diesase diagnosis, i am having invoulentery movements and my pinky finger sticks out almost like it is stiff and i cannot relax it, i have not been diagnosed with the diesase but doctor has me on mirapex which is a medication for people who suffer parkinsonism symptoms, the mirapex does stop the shaking and twitching to a degree, it tends to get worse as the day goes by, but my hands still have alot of ridigty espically my little fingers always sticking out. all my symptoms lead me to think that i may have the diesase. How long have you had symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
(female)

sponge70 HB User

i have tremors in left hand, sometimes i can't grip something with that hand. i also have a problem writing. what other symtoms do you have. i have balance problems and my speech is getting bad. i have to use a walker now.
i'm on sinemet now three times a day. but it is'nt helping me. i was on re quip before and it gave me stomach pains.
sponge

Old 10-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #4
(female)

jsutoots HB User

motther10cat,
No, I have not been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and I've had this for several years now.

Last edited by Mod08; 10-01-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: no need to copy quote - address response to the user. It will save server space. Thank you.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
(female)

jsutoots HB User

just pain in neck area and the spasing of the fingers

Old 10-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

sunshine221 HB User

have any of you had a cervical spine MRI - I had that problem before my surgery to free a constriction in my c-spine. Unrelated to PD but both problems were diag at approx same time.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #7
(female)

motther10cat HB User

Hi i have had my symptoms for around 8 months twitchy fingers, shakes and shaking legs i also have quite bad ridigty in my upper limbs, i have been to doctors today as since i have been on mirapex around 2 months my shaking in my leg had stopped but i still had shaking and kind of twitching in my hands and fingers but the other night i noticed that my shaking had come back in my legs, i find it hard to deal with, it is the third time it has come and gone and come back, i cannot relax properly when this is happening. I asked doctor if i should have higher dosage of mirapex and he said he didn't think that was a good idea as you can get side effects from high doses of this drug. I also asked him about weather or not i it is possiable i have parkinsons diesase, his reply was that he thinks that i am too young to have this diesase, i am 32 years old. I have been reading about parkinsons diease and it is rare to get it under the age of 50 but i know that people do get it when they are younger it is called young onset parkinsons disease. Do you take any medication?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:13 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

sunshine221 HB User

I take a very small 1mg 3/d of Requip which is the same as Mirapex. I'm 50 and started with lack of arm swing and then walking problems at 46. I actually started with a rhemuttologist who sent me to a neurologist who strated doing MRI's and found the constriction. I had surgery Sept 05 but when things only got 80% better they diagnosed parkinson's as well. I have good days and bad days with some leg stiffness and walking and a very minor tremor. I do a lot of exercise to "fight all this" not that it helps - I swim, do water weights, go to Curves and walk/treadmill. If you haven't had an MRI you should ask about it - at least it would rule out other things.

good luck
Sunshine

Closed Thread