It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2008, 03:52 AM   #1
(male)

miniheli HB User
You might think Im crazy. I think I might be

Hello. I am a type 1 diabetic male. I am only 19 years old so thats why I am almost positive I dont have Parkinson’s but yet there’s this other side of me that sees the signs in my body. I know people with Parkinson’s start seeing signs when there like 30 or older but Im very worried about my future. See, the thing is that when I was about 14 years old I saw a news program that terrified me. It was talking about how people that sleep walk and yell while there sleeping often get Parkinson’s when their older. My sleep walking used to be very severe. I would start talking in my sleep and start screaming and yelling for no reason. I would stand on my two feet and start crying and start jumping up and down. But thats not even the strangest part, my mom told me once I even eat salmon from the fridge while I was sleeping! I am also very prone to choking when Im asleep and when Im awake. I would suddenly wake up in terror and start choking violently. I am able to control my choking to a minimal when im eating but its kind of a challenge. So Ive got some concerns about this disease, it may be nothing but again I am very nervous. My shaking and twitches have been very severe but I have control over them, they are defnently voluntary. The shaking and twitches started when I was fairly young. My toes would twitch and my eyes and whole face would do the same, my parents told me to stop but it was difficult. My legs would shake when im nervous but thats normal. But now its getting a little better. I was once able to type 70 wpm but now, every time I type a word ,I would stop and my index finger and thumb would rub together for every word I type. It feels voluntary but yet I feel like I cant control it. Its like this with my whole body now. O yes and my ears have a very annoying twitch as well, but the thing that makes it most annoying is the sound it makes when I twitch the inside of my ear. I am getting wrinkles under my eyes from twitching so much. Just 2 weeks ago, I didnt know what Parkinson’s was. Before those 2 weeks maybe like 2 years ago I have noticed that I walk kind of weird. I always tilted forwards and backwards and my arm swing sometimes stops completely. This was before I knew what Parkinson’s even was so it couldnt have been a mental thing. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated and Im sorry if I appear like one of those people that think they have every disease especially when there only 19.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2008, 06:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sunshine221 HB User
Re: You might think Im crazy. I think I might be

What you are describing can be a lot of things, even just a panic attack. Arrange to see at least a general doctor or a neurologists to give you "peace of mind" and hopefully a diagnosis. Perhaps some of your issues may be related to other meds you are taking?

Good luck.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
(male)

miniheli HB User
Re: You might think Im crazy. I think I might be

I will see another doctor. I have had these symtoms well before takeing meds for diabetes. Ill ask my doctor thank u

Closed Thread