It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

lilsongo HB User
sundown effect

How about something like

Old 03-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
(female)

clsc HB User
Re: sundown effect

Hi Lilsongo,

Can you give more details about what you mean? I have heard of "sundowners" but do you mean: sundowners in general,or together 'with Parkinson's' or what?

I am interested in your question and also what others may have to say about it. I did not know this happened with PD patients..

CLSC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
(female)

lilsongo HB User
Re: sundown effect

well hello C,

I don't exactly know how to navigate this site yet and I can't seem to find my initial post so I'll say it again: My mother has Parkinson's (no dementia yet) but she is also undiagnosed Narcissistic Personality Disorder so my life is a living hell needless to say...anyway, we can hardly say a civil word to each other during the day however at night after she's gone to bed we become almost ethereal (is that the word I mean?) beings in that we converse politely and even chuckle about some things...it's like we are two school girls at a sleepover...Now I've understood that the sundown effect usually makes elderly sick people upset and uncomfortable at night time and their woes are magnified, but in my mothers case she seems eerily relaxed and childlike - we get along heavenly at night when I sit on the edge of her bed...I just wondered if there was such a things as "reverse' sundown effect...Gosh I've gone on and on, forgive me...a little about me, I am only child, never married, no children, gave up my job in Nov 07 after dad passed, sold my home and moved in with mom..It is nearly unbearable.

Closed Thread