It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
(female)

gtwang HB User
Help!! Is this parkinson

Im 19 years old female and for the years now iv had shaky hands. Was only visible when I was holding something and someone will point out that they were shaking. I didnít pay much attention as it wasnít really affecting me. Then slowly this muscle rigidity/tension started happening when I stood up from sitting down. Mostly concentrated the top half of my body. I would bite my tongue or stick it out my mouth, my face will pull a weird face, my arms will go stiff making me either pull them closer to my body or away from my body and would find it a little hard to walk so ill have to stand in the spot for while. It would only last few seconds. But then it started getting worse, if I stood in one spot for too long with out moving and then move again ill get the rigidity/tension. But lately it sometimes happens just randomly while im walking or moving. I went to the doctor about it but she said it could just be a mental thing and didnít worry but it. I donít have low blood 135/90. im obese 156 and im 5í9 to 5í10 feet tall and I do have low iron. Im starting to get really worried. And its becoming really embarrassing because people are starting to notice it. Has anyone had this before? Could this be Parkinson? If not what could it be? I use to take reductil, then stoped and then restarted. But even when I stopped the shaking and rigidity was still there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
femail, obese, regidity, symtoms, parkinson's disease