It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
(female)

CaitlinR HB User
inner body vibrating, twitching, and hand pain

Hello! I am 28 years old and have been having some weird unexplained symptoms that I am hoping to get some help with. background: I am an overall healthy person. I have not had any major medical problems except for difficult pregnancy (irritable uterus, so bedrest for 4 months). I am active, eat healthy and mostly organic. I take pretty good care of myself. I have a 20 month old son. I do suffer from some anxiety, but take ativan as needed. I have also been quite the hypochondriac which I think ties into the anxiety.

Anyway, for the past few months, my body has felt like it is vibrating. It started only when I would wake up suddenly at night or during a nap. Then it started happeneing everytime I woke up. It felt like I was vibrating. I would check my heart to see if it was that, but my pulse was fine. My husband actually felt it a few times. It then started carrying into my awake time. I always felt like I was vibrating throughout my body. My doctor did a ton of blood panels to check for lyme,thyroid, glucose, blood cells, etc. Everything came out normal. I had an MRI 3 years ago which was normal and I had a head CTscan which was also normal this year. I finally got into a neuologist who said it is probably Enhanced physiological tremors. He saw my legs shaking when I held them in the air, and when holding a heavy book my hand/arm was going crazy with shaking. He said he didn't think it was parkinsons because it was a faster vibrating than parkinsons. He said not to worry, just forget about it and carry on with my life... YEAH RIGHT! so fast forward a few weeks after that, It has gotten worse. I feel like I am always vibrating (not everyone can see it, I feel like it's in the inside). ALmost like a caffene high. Now, my whole right hand and arm are super crampy, achy, numb. It hurts really bad, and keeps me up all night. I keep thinking my hand is twitching or fingers are twitching at rest, but I can't tell all the time. It feels like my hand wants to move, but it can't. It does twitch every once in a while but not a ton in one hour. always have random muscle twitches throughout my body. I am now concerned again about parkinsons. Does this sound like it could be the early stages of it? People keep telling me it's anxiety, but when I take the meds it doesn't help. And I doubt anxiety could cause ALL of these symptoms!

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks! Caitlin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
(female)

kathyIS54 HB User
Re: inner body vibrating, twitching, and hand pain

Hello sorry this is happening to you, my first thoughts are to seek another opinion. I'm not saying I think it is P.D. but it is sometimes dismissed by age alone and that is wrong, been through that with my hubby. I wish you luck, stay positive and speak up for your rights.

Regards Kathy

Old 11-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
(male)

esolc HB User

I agree with Kathy, same thing happens to me but I did not put 2 & 2 together untill I saw other doctors for their opinion. They tell mee during out patient surgery where the use the liter knock out gas it is hard for them to hit specific points iinside my body.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
(female)

MMM HB User

I was not being diagnosed either....many guesses, dystonias, etc. So a physician simply said take a 25/100 mg Sinemet and see it that stops the tremors, twitching, vibrating-feeling and shakes. (I obtained relief after about 30 min). Blessings,MMM

Old 04-04-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
(male)

esolc HB User

I am now up to requip 5 times a day but as usual for me after a year the help from the drug has become negligable at best. The Doctor wants to take me higher, but I don't like drugs and being on Medicare the costs scare me. I walk and I walk every day but that only helps a little for a short time. It increases the body twitches but for some reason mentaly for a while it does not bother me as much. I have numbness in my little fingers heel of my foot and the big toe area so they had me do one of those electric condution test. My left side flunked. this 4 th Neuorolgist. I know use my right side to compensate for my left side to react. My only haven fron the most of the pain and twitching seems to be long sunny walks with my I pod. I feel good for a while when I get back. I do not have a problem at rest thank God, so rest sometimes is my salvation except just recently have been diagnosed with Neuorpothy of the back, legs and feet too. Still looking still fighting I will WIN! God Bless

Case

Old 01-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
(female)

happilymarried HB User

hi, it sounds real familiar. I have most of those symptoms. I went to the neurologist and he sent me the the shrink. the shrink sent me back to the neurologist.to make a long story short, the shrink put me on busprine twice a day and ativan at night. when i wake up for from a nap or sleep at night, I still feel my body vibrating. the mad twitching has stopped.i had my index finger going off all the time. now it almost stopped. I feel better than I have in ages. I really think anxiety is the greater part of it. I am afraid of going off the ativan and have all the twitching come back. I know I am obsessive compulsive. not extensively but it's there.the vibrating was horrible. Just recently, my brother told me that his legs were vibrating also. The muscle twitching was in my legs, eyes, even tongue. I only get the occasional twitch now. I did not want to admit to anxiety, but the proof may be in the pudding. hope you are better.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
(female)

Carmen 82 HB User

Hi Caitlin, not sure if you're still on the boards, but did you ever get to the bottom of this? I am having the exact same symptoms - hand tremors, inner body vibrating, strange pains in my head and left side, insomnia. I'm 28 years old, and it's really getting depressing. Seems like it is a nerve problem, as my blood tests came back normal. I do get really bad sinusitis so not sure if it is related. Has anyone experienced similar?

Old 06-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #8
(female)

Carmen 82 HB User

Hi there, Happlilymarried. I am having the same symptoms - inner vibrating, hand tremor, insomnia pains in my head. What sort of tests did you have done? All my blood work came back normal and I feel like i'm going crazy, but something is just not right. Would your recommend Busprine? Did you have an MRI? Thanks

Closed Thread