It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2009, 04:21 AM   #1
(female)

Gap2007 HB User
Advice requested, please...

Has anyone ever heard of dementia presenting itself in this particular way? Recently I have asked my husband a question and while I wait on his answer there is no expression change on his face and he doesn't even look at me. So when he doesn't answer I ask him again, and he says he answered me already. I know he hasn't because I wait on his answer, but he insists that he has answered me. Is this anything to be concerned about? Should I ask the doctor next week about it? Thanks so much for your help!

Old 11-21-2009, 02:19 AM   #2
(male)

esolc HB User
Re: Advice requested, please...

Advice requested, please...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Has anyone ever heard of dementia presenting itself in this particular way? Recently I have asked my husband a question and while I wait on his answer there is no expression change on his face and he doesn't even look at me. So when he doesn't answer I ask him again, and he says he answered me already. I know he hasn't because I wait on his answer, but he insists that he has answered me. Is this anything to be concerned about? Should I ask the doctor next week about it? Thanks so much for your help!"
I have had episodes stating way back I don't know how many years, but had another walking the neihberhood. Had no idea where I was I would have him checked by a couple Dr.,s. and go with him I can be very sneaky when I go. She takes me anyway because of another condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2009, 02:47 AM   #3
(female)

cejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB User

Yes I would definitely mention this to the doctor. My husband answers me, but seems to have difficulty with what I am saying and then asks why I didn't say it in this particular way...ie my fault for not being clear enough. Seems to be a kind of denial thing. Could even be a cover for poor hearing. Worth a check.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
(female)

kathyIS54 HB User

It is also helpful to seek out taking supplements, check with your Dr. Hubby gets b12 shots and takes a good Multi-VIT, Vit D (depending on where you live ie sunshine) and Q10.
Again get profressional advice because of meds.

Kathy

Closed Thread