It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
(female)

rancherwoman HB User
symptoms

I've had PD for 6 years. I'm 59. Always been a self-starter. Got my degree at 47.

edited

Now I have trouble with a lack of ambition, fatigue, lack of interest is almost everything. No joy. This doesn't seem like me. Is this the absence of Dopamine or the result of my meds. I'm on Parsitan, low dose Zoloft, and have a Estradiol patch. Any thoughts out there? I also do moderate cardio every day for 2 hours. Weights 3 times a week.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-05-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2010, 01:46 AM   #2
(female)

clsc HB User
Re: symptoms

Just from what I've learned about Parkinsons, it doesn't sound like that is what you have to me, but I'm just another family member of a patient with PD.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
(female)

rancherwoman HB User
Re: symptoms

Forgot to add I'm on L-Dopa 3x a day. On bad pain days but as seldom as I can I take one Vicodin and two Aleve. I've always exercised and my Neurologist told me if his patients would do any kind of exercise everyday they would slow down the progression and improve 99%.
I only have tremors on one side but it includes my head and jaw. I've tried Mirapex, Azilect, and a couple of others but they've caused dizziness and imbalance. I have none of that now. I have pain from Scoliosis and arthritis in my hip but don't feel it when I exercise. It would be great if I didn't have Parkinson's but I've had DNA test from 23andMe and also my maternal Grandmother had it.

Closed Thread