It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
(female)

JennyDiddles HB User
Madopar side effects

Hi. Wondering if anyone out there can help. My Dad has Parkinson's. He's on Madopar, and about a week ago, the Doctor increased the dosage. He's also on antibiotics, and since he's been on anti-biotics, he's been having hallucinations, and is confused and wandering around alot. The Doctor is pretty sure its the increased dosage of Parkinson's meds causing the hallucinations. Has anyone else had experience of this, and if so, have the hallucinations stopped??

Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
(female)

cejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB Usercejayb HB User
Re: Madopar side effects

I hope that you get other responses but this is our experience. My husband is on Madopar 62.5 x 3 daily and a 125 slow release overnight. He also takes Azilect, found only after looking on this site and suggested to our Dr. It is known as Selegiline here and he takes 5mg daily. It was a revelation. He has been stable for over a year now but without the Azilect he feels slow, sluggish and less mentally alert.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2010, 01:33 AM   #3
(female)

JennyDiddles HB User
Re: Madopar side effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by cejayb View Post
I hope that you get other responses but this is our experience. My husband is on Madopar 62.5 x 3 daily and a 125 slow release overnight. He also takes Azilect, found only after looking on this site and suggested to our Dr. It is known as Selegiline here and he takes 5mg daily. It was a revelation. He has been stable for over a year now but without the Azilect he feels slow, sluggish and less mentally alert.

Thanks for your reply cejayb. I'm glad to hear your husband has improved

Closed Thread