It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2001, 10:19 AM   #1

Chuck HB User
Post Yin TuiNa Massage

Wanted to pick up from the Reflexology thread due to interest expressed in the treatment protocol found at pdtreatment.com.

After being helped, but definitely not cured in the AMGEN study I started with the treatment protocol of Yin TuiNa in March and have had weekly treatments since that time, a total of 13 so far, plus doing the technique on myself many times in between.

I have experienced amazing changes in the appearance and feeling in both feet (warmth and blood circulation), and have begun to experience changes in PD symptoms. Most notable so far is what appears to be a near complete restoration of my sense of smell after having none for 7 or 8 years (AMGEN caused a partial restoration which began fading after the study). Have also, in recent weeks, experienced consistent control over left thumb when drinking from a glass or bottle so that they no longer bounce up and down against my lip (I had pretty much given up using left hand for drinking in public even though it is dominant hand).

After AMGEN I stopped taking Requip over a ten day period (after 18 months on the drug). This was strictly my decision and had I read the literature of the Parkinson's Recovery Project before doing so I would have proceeded with much greater care and caution. For many weeks my handwriting was illegible and I couldn't type due to slowness, weakness and incoordination of hands. Both abilities are recovering, especially typing skills. The other aftermath of quitting Requip was what physically felt like a constant waking anxiety attack of muscle tension and other symptoms. This too is fading slowly and I can now physically relax with just a bit of mental effort, though tension creeps back in stressful situations.

This treatment protocol is not a quick fix. It is based upon the hypothesis that PD developes over many decades as a result of unhealed injury to one or both feet, and that the "energetic blockage" caused by this old injury(s) must be removed through weeks or months of yin tuina work.

Symptoms like tremor can seem to get worse before they get better and it often takes many months to see positive changes, especially for those who have been taking PD drugs for a prolonged period of time.

I do not mean to represent that I am getting well --- it is too early in the treatment to make such representations. I can say unequivocably that my feet, which used to be cold and slightly numb most of the time, have regained healthy color, are visibly developing healthy blood vessel structure, and are experiencing a myriad of sensations never felt before, including being warm (if not toasty) most of the time. The PD symptom improvements aside from continual improvement to sense of smell could possibly be delayed effects of Requip withdrawal (which I had my last dose of before the end of February).

In summary, everything represented in their free literature has been happening as predicted, so I would definitely recommend a look to anyone with a mind open to alternative possibilities.

Chuck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2001, 07:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Googy HB User
Chuck,

I remember when you first told us about Alternative meds so time back.I know that reflexology works,Yin TuiNa now is working for you, but you have to be open to it.Bill never was.But you struck a chord when you mentioned about the feet.His left foot turns outwards.Has for many years,and has got worse,could he have had an injury in the past.

Thanks for this uplifting post.I can see it will help many.

Googy

Closed Thread