It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
(female)

Pens'nChalk HB User
Discouraged, but not disbelieving

Hello all,
I posted here awhile ago, saying that I am diagnosed with RRMS, but I believe that my symptoms are early PD, as they so resembled those I knew in my father's elder years.
The second opinion I sought recently confirmed the RRMS diagnosis, and said there is no current evidence of PD. My tremors are called "intention" tremors, my dizziness and occasional loss of balance and confusion are attributed to MS. I cannot deny the MS. I have scores of lesions on my brain and spine.

But my father, his brother, and his mother were all diagnosed with PD. I believe these early symptoms are PD, and I am participating in an NIH PD -risk study, and feel fortunate to be included in that, as I believe they will be paying attention to the PD potential rather than simply accepting the MS diagnosis as a done deal.

It is important to understand that while I am not "wishing" for PD instead of MS, (I believe they are both equally devastating), I regret that my doctors are not being pro-active with PD medication, and that disappoints me. I continue to take the nightly injections that make a light promise of slowing the MS progression ... but know that early treatment of PD is recommended as well to delay or lessen its eventual damage.

I will stay in the seven year PD-risk study, believing that they will watch carefully for evidence of PD and recommend treatment as soon as possible.

~ Mother Teresa

Last edited by Pens'nChalk; 11-11-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread