It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
(male)

papamama HB User
parkinson's

Was diagnosed with Parkinson's in Nov 2008. Symtoms were very nomimal until about three months ago.
Suddeenly these symtoms really escalated; my balance is so bad a need a walker, my speach is very impaired and my vision blury, I don't feel much like eating or drinking. I am also very unsure what meds to take. I am presently taking 2 200/50 sinemets and one Comtan every 3-4 hours and they start wearing off after three hours. Am I taking too much? Could I be alergic to sinemet? Should I be taking something else? I desperately need to see a neurologist but have to wait three more months. I live in Edmonton, alberta, Canada. Anybody with any ideas? Is there a neurologist who could give me some answers and might even be willing to see me ASAP? Thanks for reading my desperate plea

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: papamama
gama (05-23-2011), Littebit (07-04-2011)
Old 12-26-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

barb70 HB Userbarb70 HB Userbarb70 HB Userbarb70 HB Userbarb70 HB User
Re: parkinson's

My husband suffered from PD for over 25 years so I am very familiar with this disease. The most important thing as far as I'm concerned is to have a neurologist that specializes in PD and the most important is having the correct meds. Not easy to find a good doc, but I have never heard of anyone having to wait three months to see their doc. When our doc who was one of the best in the country moved to Memphis, TN we actually followed him and made the trip every four months. It was costly, but well worth having a doctor that really knew about the meds needed for PD.
I would make sure you have a doctor that specilizes in movement disorders.
Best of luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
Re: parkinson's

Unfortunately not in every country people are lucky like we are in US... this is what socialized medicine is about - wait and nobody really care. You wait for tests as long as 6 month sometimes, you wait to see a DR...
I hope it never comes here, to US...
Honey, I do have a very good Neurologist, and he specializes in PD, but he is in NYC... I am sorry, I wish I could help you more. I do know people who come to our DRs from Canada (our friends included), but they have to pay out of pocket to see a DR.
If you willing to see him, it will be my pleasure to give you his address, he is very well known Neurologist, PHD...

Best to you,
Moldova

Closed Thread