It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2011, 04:36 AM   #1
(female)

topsy123 HB User
Unatural tiredness

Hi,
I get very very tired, that could be down to any number of reasons. However this tiredness is beyond what I call the norm. I find it very difficult to describe, however I will try to explain.
I am begginning to dread waking up in the morning. I wake up, usually quite early and for around half an hour to 40 minutes I am ok. I am very stiff all over, my legs and feet being the worst, but I am used to that. Then it hits me. This tiredness is all consuming and I could literally just drop on the floor. The problem is I am SO tired and its evident I HAVE to sleep but then I have difficulty in getting to sleep. It makes me feel SO ill. I cannot function at this point and have to be laying down flat out, (I don't care where) its like being drugged but it hasn't quite reached my brain.
When I eventualy do drop off I can sleep for hours and feel a little better by having those extra hours.
Please excuse me if this sounds like nothing, but its seriously affecting me on a day day basis.
I am under investigation neurologically, have been for a long time.
Does anyone else get this? Some help here would be great.
Thanks
Topsy123

Old 05-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

barb70 HB Userbarb70 HB Userbarb70 HB Userbarb70 HB Userbarb70 HB User
Re: Unatural tiredness

My husband had the exact thing. He could sleep all day - simply falling alsleep in his chair even after having an entire nights sleep. I believe it is just one of the PD symptoms for some individuals.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
(female)

nconnor HB User
Re: Unatural tiredness

make sure you check you blood pressure, my husband had this. Parkinson, meds make your blood pressure drop. Also Parkinson patients become dehydrated easy, try drinking gator aid once a day. My husbands doctor told him to eat cheese and crackers as the sodium and protien help.

Closed Thread