It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Researchers find new links between pesticides, Parkinson's

The above heading was in the newspaper on May 30, 2011. The article mentions a trio of chemicals but only mentions one by name. And that is Ziram. Exposures were higher in workplaces that were near sprayed fields.
Being exposed to all three pesticides has a cumulative effect, according to this article. Of 703 (exposed) study participants, 362 were diagnosed with Parkinson's. This was a study that ran from 1974 to 1999.

Has anyone heard of this study? Any thoughts about it? I don't have PD but I live in an area where there is a large support group, and I know someone who attends.

Thanks.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
(male)

Bluebirds3 HB User
Re: Researchers find new links between pesticides, Parkinson's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
The above heading was in the newspaper on May 30, 2011. The article mentions a trio of chemicals but only mentions one by name. And that is Ziram. Exposures were higher in workplaces that were near sprayed fields.
Being exposed to all three pesticides has a cumulative effect, according to this article. Of 703 (exposed) study participants, 362 were diagnosed with Parkinson's. This was a study that ran from 1974 to 1999.

Has anyone heard of this study? Any thoughts about it? I don't have PD but I live in an area where there is a large support group, and I know someone who attends.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
(male)

Bluebirds3 HB User
Re: Researchers find new links between pesticides, Parkinson's

Hi, I'm a farmer in NZ and have had Parky since age 42. This is interesting because I wonder if exposure to a insecticide called Phorate or thimet has something to do with my condition. Does anyone know is there any test for harmful chemicals resident in your body?

Closed Thread