It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
(female)

Sarahbells HB User
Unhappy 82 year old mother with Parkinsons

Hi
My mother was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease a few months ago, she has stiffness in her legs, freezes when she walks with her walker, and has the other symptoms with this disease. The doctor put her on Carbidopa/Levo 25/100
she is starting out with 1/2 a pill 3 times a day, and the doctor is working it up to 2 or 3 tabs a day eventually. Will this pill help her to walk better and not freeze up? I quess we won't believe it until we see it! But if anyone has had this problem and found that this medication helped, I would love to hear from you! Thank you so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #2
(female)

gogo548 HB Usergogo548 HB User
Re: 82 year old mother with Parkinsons

Hi Sarah,

How is your mom doing? Is the medication helping her walking?

I've been trying to get a diagnosis for my dad for some time. He is 78. My mom passed away Dec '09 and he was shocked and depressed. He's now showing signs of dementia for a couple of years. However, it is his walk that has me most concerned. At first I thought he may have Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, but now I'm thinking it could very well be a form of Parkinson's. I'm bumping heads with the doc trying to get a referral for a neurologist. It seems when they see an old person, they just assume Alzheimer's and prescribe pills.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear how your mom is doing? I'm hoping there is some hope to help my dad walk more safely.

Take care,
gogo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
(female)

Sarahbells HB User
Re: 82 year old mother with Parkinsons

Hi Gogo!
Yes my mother is doing better with the medication that the doctor put her on, it is called Carbidopa/Levo 25mg it is helping her, she isn't 100% but alot better than she was headed for! It takes a few months for the medication to kick in, your dad should see a Neurologist, hope things work out for him, good luck!
Sarah

Closed Thread