It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
(female)

topsy123 HB User
Teeth grinding

I understand that Parkinson's disease requires investigation and testing of sorts to diagnose. I have been under investigation for some time. However without going into everything thats been going on, I do have a question regards teeth grinding.
I do hope this doesn't sound beyond, but I have developed this and been having it for a while. I saw my GP today, who said its definatley related to whatever is going on and needs to been dealt with as its quite bad.
It mostly happens at night and my partner first noticed it a while back saying it is very loud. I am now clenching so hard my gums are begginnning to ulcer at the back. I have complained for a while that my jaw and ear are sore and stiff with no improvement. Its now started in the day, and even though my teeth don't grind in the day I find myself biting down hard and before I no it my jaw is tight and hurting.
I wonder does anyone else experience this with Parkinson's disease?
Tomorow I am going to the dentist, they are giving me some sort of sheild to put in at night to help. Would bereally interested to no if ANYONE else has this problem and if its related.
Thanks...

Old 02-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
(female)

Crazynanna22 HB User
Re: Teeth grinding

I am being investigated for Parkinsons & I
find that I grind my teeth & also chew when my mouth is empty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply