It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
(male)

jasmith89 HB User
Receding gums, anyone?

Early in my Parkinson's career, about the time I started losing major weight, in addition to muscle atrophy that by now has disappeared 30-40% of my thighs, shoulders, etc., at about that time I noticed my gums were receding, below the enamel in some cases. I have assumed that both were due to the body feeding on itself. Has anyone had the same problems? I will appreciate any advice.

Last edited by jasmith89; 09-18-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: clarification

Old 01-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
(male)

flex77 HB User
Re: Receding gums, anyone?

Check with you doctor regarding these ideas:

1. Analyziung your meals for calories and nutrition.
2 Using Vitamins and possibly other supplements (such as Creatine)
3. Being sure you take the best care of your teeth possible. Get a SonicCare toothbrush...brush teeth 2x a day min and floss and brush before bed. Get your teeth cleaned 2-3 times a year (this is EXTREMELY helpful in slowing receding gums)
4. consider moderate weight training program and possible supplement calories if needed. If you choose a supplement calorie product DO NOT use Ensure. Twinlab makes good weight gain shake mixes and some have predigested protein. This is good for Parkinsons because it is digested more quickly so has less of a chance of interfering with your next dose thru "protein blocking"
5. You may have a vitamin or nutrient deficiency...or remotely possible a reaction to medications...

Again...check with your doctor....good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply