It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
(female)

egaspari HB User
Adjusting to PD

I'm finally starting to make some sense of my diagnosis although I still have some unanswered questions. I remember when the doctor was going back and forth between dystonia and Parkinson's . I decided that I would just accept the diagnosis and move on with the treatment. Well I can tell you the night the Dr office called me to tell me it was Parkinson's I was solid as rock that night. I remember thinking how I'm I going to make this OK for my parents, siblings ,my husband and my friends. I gently broke the news to everyone. The next day i took the day off from work to get acquainted with my new found friend. I gave my friend several names many of which I wont repeat. I have always liked that name Parker.. When ever something happens it Parker's fault. Everyday I remind myself I have Parkinson by saying "you have Parkinson's disease" 3 or 4 times a day . Each day that pass I find I say this myself a little less. I have became really good at hiding my emotions and being strong for others by reassuring them things are going to be OK and that I'm going to fight this disease with every fiber I have.I don't know but maybe I'm trying to reassuring myself. Now I following my drug protocol, exercising and try to eat right. I find having a sense of humor helps me get thru this awful experience. I think the worst part is not know where my future will end up.

The following user gives a hug of support to egaspari:
Crazynanna22 (02-09-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to egaspari For This Useful Post:
annaparky (02-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
(female)

annaparky HB User
Thumbs up Re: Adjusting to PD

I wanted to say thank you for your post. I feel exactly the same in a way now. I recently been diagnosed with PD. The way you addressed is excellent. At first, its so surreal and that it couldn't be and dealing with so many emotions and gradually accepting the diagnosis and to fight!

Anna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply