It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
(male)

ductapesoup HB User
All signs keep pointing to Parkinson's...

Hi, new here. I don't have a diagnosis at this time but I've had some stuff going on and whenever I look into it I keep ending up at the same conclusion...but I kind of felt like I could get a better sense from actual humans with some experience with Parkinson's instead of Google

It started a few months back when my girlfriend (who is an RN) noticed that had a strange habit of completely forgetting that we'd had certain conversations. She started to notice a few things and making a list of symptoms for me to take to a doctor, and that's when it started looking like something neurological might be going on. I don't expect that anyone here could give me a definitive answer, but it's a bit worrying and it would be nice to know if I'm way off course. Here is what we've noticed so far:

- Don't recall some conversations
- Brief but visible (to others) shivers/chills, 1-2 times a day, affecting my whole body
- Repeating anecdotes with no recollection of having done so in the past, more than twice at times
- Lack of balance/occasional stumbling while stationary
- Shaky hands (rare)
- Trembling jaw (usually exhaling)
- Decreased sensitivity to taste/smell...I have start noticably (to others) overseasoning food. This is unusual because I am a chef by trade
- vasovagal syncope (fancy term the doctors gave for a fainting episode. it was blood pressure related and happened only once and that was recent)
- nausea/light headedness (comes in waves)
- throbbing sensation in legs, base of skull (also comes in waves)
- Occasional stuttering (I sometimes have difficulty beginning a sentence...it isn't very noticable or frequent but it does happen at times)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: All signs keep pointing to Parkinson's...

It definitely seems like something neurological is going on, so I would make an appointment directly with a neurologist if you can. Most neuro conditions respond to treatment best if started early, and diagnosis can take awhile. It is in your best interest to start this process now, so the problem can be identified and treated as early as possible. Since some of your symptoms are intermittent, I would try to capture an example of your tremors, both hands and jaw, and shivers on video. That way, you can show the Dr in case it isn't present when you are seen.

Reply Reply