It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Parkinson's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
(female)

katnben HB User
possible disability

does anyone know if everyone with parkinson's ends up on disability and if so how long do they usually have the illness prior to this. thanks

Old 03-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
(female)

jocelyn7035 HB User
Re: possible disability

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnben View Post
does anyone know if everyone with parkinson's ends up on disability and if so how long do they usually have the illness prior to this. thanks
I hope this question is not based on the wish to die but one worthy thing is the symptoms caused due to this disease can be controlled and treated with the medical support. One of its symptoms is depression which one can handle by seeking for a helping hand to listen, share and understand your feelings.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
(female)

katnben HB User

No, just wondering. Right now my hubby is doing great. I was just curious because it seems like the people we know are on disability. This is not something either of us want! He is far to independent fir that. Just a wondering. Thanks for the concern. Its nice to know people care.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
(female)

movimans wife HB User

I think it all depends on what line of work your husband does. I have been on disability from PD for two years. I was a hairstylist for twenty years, continued to work after my diagnosis for five years. I have a resting tremor on my right side. It got so I was afraid to trim around peoples ears, so I knew it was time to quit. He will know also when the time comes. Continue to work as long as possible. Good luck.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #5
(female)

gigi1955 HB User

Most everyone that has Parkinson's will end up on disability and its usually the reason they have to retire because they just cannot go any more. My husband has Parkinson's and hes had it for about five years now and has went to work 10 hrs a day gets up at 3 am goes to work at 4 am gets home between 5 and 5:30 pm. 4 days a week. he's usually off on Fridays. And he's now beginning to realizes that he just cannot do it much longer. He's 63 yrs old and was wanting to try an make it till he ws 64 yrs old but don't think it's going to happen. he thinks maybe this month he will be retiring and then he will have to deal with the Social Security people which I am not looking forward to because they treat people that have paid in all their lives like him for 41 yrs at the same job and paid thousands of dollars into SS and they want to ask questions. Right. He deserves to draw his.. He worked for ever single dime he is about to draw. He isn't asking for anything he didn't put into it. IT those that get to draw it at 30 , 40 and 50 years old for drug or alcohol problems that never worked a day in their life that don't get ask question that get to draw it. I don't get it. They are the ones playing the system. No someone like my husband that's worked all his life and paid in. last year he paid Social Security over $7,000 alone. now does sound like someone that needs to be ask very many questions. well they will and act like he shouldn't have quit work on top of that. makes me mad when the do people like that. He cannot help it that he got this disease. He didn't ask for it. But a druggie or a alcoholic can help themselves. they can stop if they wanted too. but that's a disease they can't help. Go Figure. crazy system we have going on..

Reply Reply