It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2002, 01:22 PM   #1

missmoody HB User
Exclamation Question about Dissociation

My therapist told me I have to go to a support group for dissociation. You see, I lose time. Example: I drive somewhere and don't remember leaving the house or the drive. I just know I am across town with my car. I do not daydream during this time nor can I explain where I was. I do not know where I go. It comes without warning. I only realize it after the fact. When I wind up somewhere or I lose time. It happens a lot in the car. I just lose time. It terrifies me when I realize I drove somewhere and didn't know it. My question is this: does the dissociation I experience have anything to do with MPD? I really want to know where I go!!!I am trying to get to the bottom of this, and I don't start the support until next month. I am sure I will get the answers I need then, but I am curious what you guys think. Thanks

Old 09-23-2002, 06:04 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

blue cloud HB User
Question

i am not sure if it has to do with MPD but i also get the same thing and i am BPD i will leave my house and then the next thing i know i am somewhere i dont know without a clue on how to get back and i dont remember getting there its like i am trapped behind a screen in my head
i know this probably isnt much help but i just thought i would relate to you.

------------------
love and bubbles blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2002, 10:19 AM   #3
(female)

blackcatinthesky HB User
When I get extremely mad at someone, and have a big argument, I storm off, but within a few minutes the whole reason I was arguing is completely gone from my head, and all I know is that I'm furious about SOMETHING.

Like the other night it happened, just before bed. When I went to bed I couldnt remember what it was even about. I lay there trying to remember it for like an hour. All I could think was all these different arguments I'd had with this person before, but I had no idea which I was mad about.

And "productive arguing skills" dont work for me either. I phase out before it gets worked out. And if it does work out, its probably because I've lost touch with the situation and have lost interest.

It's like something explodes in my head, and covers everything, so I can never really get to anything, and I have to abandon the whole thing, until the haze is gone. It's very frustrating. It seems at times like this, the harder I try to remember, the more I forget. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/tired.gif

Old 10-24-2002, 11:52 AM   #4

missmoody HB User
In case anyone is curious: I found out dissociation is a BPD trait.

Old 10-25-2002, 05:24 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

blue cloud HB User
thankyou it was something i didnt know i thought dissociation was a disorder on its own

------------------
love and bubbles blue

Closed Thread