It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2002, 09:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

blue cloud HB User
Question chasing a dream?

i was thinking to myself the other day does what we are looking for actually exist?

i was thinkng of it in relationship terms but it can be put to anything
i am always looking for this perfect person someone i can love and who will love me back

but i never feel asthough what i have is good enough that something better is always around the corner

but ultimately it isnt BETTER and it isnt round the corner

yet i continute to throw what i have away JUST IN CASE something better comes along

does this mean i have to stop chasing the dream and settle for what is OK because the other doent exist?

does anyone else feel this way? is what we are chasing just a dream?

some insight would be great as i am just confusing myself as usual

------------------
love and bubbles blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2002, 06:46 AM   #2

missmoody HB User
Wink

Oh Blue, I certainly understand what you are saying. I, myself, used to believe there is someone for everyone. Now, however, I believe that is not realistic. Even if it is true, relationships take lots and lots of hard work. I spent plenty of time and energy looking for the "right one" and ended up marrying the first one that was nice to me. I married after I gave up on my search. Please do not do that. I think maybe you should give your relationships a fair chance before you shoot them down. You could be throwing away a wonderful relationship and not know it. Just relax and let whatever will happen, happen. Don't worry about if there is something better. Focus on the relationship and if it is not right you will know. Let things flow naturally. Allow yourself to feel in relationships and stop running. You haven't slowed down long enough from your run to enjoy a relationship. I say all this because I am guilty of all the same feelings and thoughts. Even after marriage I continue to run. Please, just allow someone to love you. I know it is merely impossible to believe someone could but give people the benefit of the doubt. That is what I try to do. I don't know if I helped or not. I am just going by my experiences.

Goodluck, missmoody

P.S. When you do give a relationship a chance, please make sure he is good to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2002, 04:17 AM   #3
Veteran

simby HB User
hi blue -
i know i don't ususally post here. but i wanted to say that the best relationships i have had have started out as true friendship. i think when you truly LIKE each other it gets you over the rough spots. we all have times when we hate the one we love. but if we like them, that stays.

as for chasing dreams - don't ever stop. how else did we put a man on the moon? because someone chased a seemily impossible dream.

------------------
(the truth is out there)

Old 12-07-2002, 04:53 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

blue cloud HB User
Smile

simby its always great to hear from you and you make a very good point

so lets keep the dreams alive

Old 12-07-2002, 05:06 AM   #5
Veteran

simby HB User