It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
(male)

DPFan4Ever HB User
Question Why are my moods so inconsistent on a day-to-day basis?

I'm just curious...

More times than not I'm not in a happy mood. I've noticed that when the weather is sunnier and warmer, I'm generally in a better mood . When the weather gets cooler and gray, I'm not in as good of a mood .

When I wake up angry and in a bad mood for no reason it usually lasts through the whole day. When I wake up in a more jubilant manner, I'm happy for most of the day.

My moods are like a winding road, you never know which way it's going to go. In other words, my moods are unpredictable on a day-to-day basis.

For every 1 to 2 days I'm happy, it seems like I'm unhappy for 8 to 9. There is no reason for this . I have a great life. It seems like I have a chemistry problem or something.

Am I suffering from some kind of personality disorder?

Last edited by DPFan4Ever; 04-14-2006 at 07:56 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to DPFan4Ever:
jellytot84 (03-27-2011)
Old 04-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cinemachick HB User
Re: Why are my moods so inconsistent on a day-to-day basis?

This sounds more like a mood disorder to me. I do too have very inconsistent moods, except they change hour to hour. The only personality disorders that I have are avoidant and dependent. As far as other disorders I also have anxiety and bipolar, which to the doctors explain my extreme and short-lived mood changes.

Inconsistent moods are a symptom of a lot of disorders, so do your research. If these moods are extreme and causing you to behave inappropriately, then please get some help. Do you have any other symptoms that might lead to a diagnosis of a personality disorder? Also, have you ever been labeled bipolar? It sounds like you are a ultra rapid cycler.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
(male)

DPFan4Ever HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemachick
This sounds more like a mood disorder to me. I do too have very inconsistent moods, except they change hour to hour. The only personality disorders that I have are avoidant and dependent. As far as other disorders I also have anxiety and bipolar, which to the doctors explain my extreme and short-lived mood changes.

Inconsistent moods are a symptom of a lot of disorders, so do your research. If these moods are extreme and causing you to behave inappropriately, then please get some help. Do you have any other symptoms that might lead to a diagnosis of a personality disorder? Also, have you ever been labeled bipolar? It sounds like you are a ultra rapid cycler.
My moods have been known to change on a dime, depending on the situation.

More times than not, my moods are nothing extreme. Like extreme happiniess to extreme anger.

It's either I'm mad at everything in one day, or I let things go.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:09 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

SuchGreatHeight HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPFan4Ever
My moods have been known to change on a dime, depending on the situation.
In the sense of a mood disorder, "Ultra Rapid Cycling" would be used to describe sudden changing moods. However, I am not sure what you mean by "depending on the situation".

Quote:
More times than not, my moods are nothing extreme.
A less severe Bipolar Disorder is called Cyclothymia. Instead of extreme mania and deep depression, it is classified with mild euphorias (hypomania) and depressions.

Quote:
It's either I'm mad at everything in one day, or I let things go.
Again, I am not sure what you mean by this. Does "let things go" mean you let go of the anger, or your mood "lets go" as in a type of "carelessness" or "hyperactivity"?

Considering anger and agitation, look through "Mixed States" in Bipolar and mood disorder information. And with that, mood symptoms may be in result of other disorders; not only other mental disorders, but physical and neurological disorders. If you can, talk to a professional. Finding what is going on can make a path for the most accurate treatment.

SGH

Old 05-30-2006, 01:54 AM   #5
(female)

CatholicWoman HB User

I am thinking that mood instability is also a symptom of borderline personality disorder right? Of course, I am definitely not one to diagnose so personally I recommend that you see a psychiatrist.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #6
(female)

Phobe HB User

when you said that your moods can be affected by the amount of sunlight you received.

There are some people that need the sunlight, or they spiral down, I cant remember the name of the light, talk to someone, but there is a light that you can purchase to sit under for a while each day when it is gloomy out. I used to work for a lighting out let, we didnt sell these types of lights, but we had a few people come in looking for them.

Closed Thread