It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 05:48 AM   #1
(female)

dragon25 HB User
Question about BPD

Hello all,
I am curious about some of your experiences with borderline personality disorder. I am bipolar but I am wondering if I could have BPD too. No matter how well I am doing on my bipolar meds I continue to have problems with relationships with other people and anger issues along with other symptoms. I Have been reading up on this and I recognize having some of the symptoms.
Can you all share with me some of your symptoms and meds you take for this?

Old 11-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: Question about BPD

Hi,

I am bipolar and bpd. I take abilify, lamictal, wellbutrin and valium. I don't have time to post all the symptoms right now. I will later if someone else doesn't. I highly recommend the book "I hate you, Don't leave me" by Jerald Kreisman. If you have bpd you will go "oh yeah, I do that" and "that's me". I don't self harm and i don't rage anymore, both are symptoms. Finding out what was wrong with me helped me so much to work on changing my behaviors. It is a daily thing though, ya know. I have a check list of my bpd symptoms and I read it every day to keep myself aware. I don't think right so I have to constantly check my thinking. It is hard. And I recently learned on here to remember to think about the consequences of my behavior instead of doing the same things over and over. So those are my mantras. Check your thinking and Consequences.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2007, 05:11 AM   #3
(female)

dragon25 HB User

Hello,
I have been doing a little more researching and the more I read, the more I think, "that's me!" Next time I go to the doc I am going to ask about this. I do believe that there is something more than bipolar disorder going on here. I have in the past done some cutting but not for about a year. I think my new meds have helped with that. I still have the rage and anger though and that seems to be getting out of control. I have been arrested for assault, I have another citation for assault, and I have gotten into a fight with one of my neighbors and luckily no charges were filed. I am attending anger management but it seems that when I get mad I just explode and lash out at everyone. This is becoming such a problem that I avoid talking to people to stay out of trouble. I am so afraid of going back to jail. I am currently taking lexapro, lamictal, seroquel, trileptal, and xanax. Could I be anymore medicated? Is there something else I could take for the anger?

Old 11-09-2007, 08:32 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Pri Lily HB User

Hi Dragon...

Unfortunately, the best thing for BPD is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.

Because it's a personality disorder, not a mood disorder, it's hard to medicate.

Sometimes mood stabilizers will help, and I take Lithium for bi-polar.

I think you have full medication coverage for any eventuality, now.....

Borderlines, actually have to change the thought patterns, to be successful.

When it came to anger....I decided to "say no" in certain situations. I have been arrested too, and sometimes, anger is just not the right way to go, for me.

I hope this helps...

Lil

Old 11-13-2007, 05:11 AM   #5
(female)

dragon25 HB User

Thanks for te replies. I am starting some therapy soon. I have an appointment in 2 weeks. I hope this helps!

Closed Thread