It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
(female)

TripleThreat33 HB User
The Borderline-Narcissistic-Antisocial Combination

I am new to these boards and would like to give you all a little background on my experience with personality disorders.

My screen name says it all. I am a triple threat. I have been diagnosed with borderline, narcissistic personality disorders with anti-social traits. Yeah what a handful. I pity the man who ever wants to marry me. Anyway, I love who I am though and therapist after therapist wants to change me. The disorder that I'm having the most problems with is the borderline. It has caused so many failed relationships with men and women. I don't know what I hate more, having conflicting emotions like all the time... I love you, No I don't I hate you, No I don't etc... OR the fact that people just don't understand BPD. They don't understand all the emotional issues that go along with it. I don't need to rant on about that.

I was diagnosed with Narcissistic personality disorder when after completing a psychological testing that lasted FOREVER. According to my MMPI results, I scored perfect on the narcissistic scale. This is also how I managed to get a diagnosis of Anti-social traits.

I mean how many people can say they're a triple threat?? Just one... me.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
(female)

waratah HB User
Re: The Borderline-Narcissistic-Antisocial Combination

Hi TripleThreat33,

Welcome. Nice to hear your story. Wow! Three Dx's of personality disorder in one person. Well at least we know your PD's provided you with some coping mechanisms as you've made a great start by sharing your story. How do you cope in daily life?

Gee, ????? You say you did the MMPI psychological tests. Are these the paper based 'forced choice' tests. Or, more like indicating degrees of agreement or disgreement with various moral / ethical statements?
I'm really quite interested in this area when used as a diagnositc tool too. And, Who gave you these three Dx's?

I did all the Personality Disorder tests with my psychologist earlier this yaer, and she was absolutely adamant that I did not have Borderline Personality Disorder, despite the 'lady shrink' psychiatrist's Dx.
Then later returned to the 'lady shrink' for (ummm. . . . . .) further discussion and treatment, and 'lady shrink' is just as adamant that I do have Borderline Personality Disorder. - go figure????
Well I kind of worried about the Dx disparity for half a nano second, and decided to speak with lovely new GP, and he's such a sensible fellow, and he talked about there being a 'continum' of symptoms etc.etc.
So that satisfied me, because I know what my symptoms are, and what they are NOT!

TripleThreat33, I do really hope you have or may be able to gain really good medical and psychological support for your Dx's.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you're getting on.
Regards, waratah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
(female)

TripleThreat33 HB User
Re: The Borderline-Narcissistic-Antisocial Combination

Coping in daily life is well... a challenge. My therapist and I made a list of positive coping skills and negative ones. I could name the negative ones really fast because that's all I've known. My coping skills are lacking I will admit. I went through a program called DBT- dialectical behavior therapy and it helped temporarily. But now I'm back to my old ways of sleeping with men I don't/barely know, drinking, self-harm etc.

The MMPI they gave me was a 567 item true/false test on paper. It was those bubble things you have to fill in... I did my ACT's like that I hated it!!!!!!!! The clinic I went ti that I got diagnosed was a clinic in Chicago. It's very well-known. Anyway, the man that did my testing was some sort of a psych testing expert all I know was his name was Dave, he was Asian and very GOOD LOOKING!

My therapist has a copy of my psych report and we went over it a couple sessions ago and that's how I found out about my diagnoses.

Closed Thread