It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2009, 04:34 AM   #1
(female)

muminah HB User
why am i becoming so mean

why am i becoming so mean? I am really confused, I do not understand that why over the past four years I have become so mean. I am 25 years of age and married with two children, my personalty seems to have changed since being preganant with my first child I am a considerate paerson I love and care for everyone around me and I love being a mother but I just do not understand that why I am so snappy at people around me espescialy my husband who is really nice guy and to my mother in law whom actually is the worlds best mother in law and I love her to bits but I am so mean to her. I feel so bad that this makes me even snap more at them I feel like a bully. I do find it physically draining with two kids but I go to Italy every year for two months where I just relax and do what I always want which is normally sleep or surf the net while my in laws really take care of my kids because they feel I need a break, I never met people genuine so loving but still after all this I am so mean. I want to really understand could it really be a deficiancy of some sort. please help?

Old 10-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User
Re: why am i becoming so mean

You may want to think about seeing a therapist. Depression can make people feel irritated and snappy, even if you don't feel sad. I don't think you have a personality disorder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
(female)

Sunka HB User

I agree, you should see some kind of therapist. You don't mention how old your kids are, but postpartum depression can last quite a while. Enjoy Italy!! Good luck to you...

Old 03-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
(male)

linc HB Userlinc HB User

Yes I agree on the therapy. Could be cognitive distortions or something that is causing depression, or just depression. I hope the best for you!

Closed Thread