It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2003, 12:27 AM   #1

courtneyclv HB User
Post Borderline Personality Disorder..or what else?

I have read some articles about Borderline personality disorder and I think I may have it. I don't know much about other diseases and I think this may be the one.

For years now I have known something is wrong with me. I am 26 now. I have never any girlfriends (just a couple my whole life) and had many sexual partners, not for the chance to have an orgasm..but just to have someone there I guess. I have always had many male friends.

I have uncontrollable anger and have slashed boyfriends tires, ruined about 100 cds of an ex, and have almost poisoned someone with prescription pills but didn't. I was also a stripper for two years and lied to my entire family about it and friends..never feeling and guilt or remorse at all. When they found out and wanted to have a meeting with me, I called the police on my parents. I recently moved 2000 miles away from my family and am not using my college degree.
Its like I believed all of my lies. I was never sexually abused..or at least I dont remember it. I do things and do not think about the consequences or how the other person will feel. I never feel guilty and I never say I am sorry even if I hurt someone very badly.

I have always been with guys on some kind of medication or emotional problems and many of them were compulsive liars also. I was on Paxil for anxiety attacks a few years back. I have thought about suicide many times but never did it. I have never done a drug in my life, smoked a cigarette or had a lot of alcohol.

I do not have a memory of my childhood. I can't remember names, dates, or important things. I can't remember teachers name from 3 years ago or what I did in 6th grade or even important days (like graduations, birthdays, etc) In my past I have blocked ouit things emotionally and can't seem to remember them at all.

At my job, if someone is 'rude' to me (or I think they are)..i have dramatic outbursts and with my boyfriend cannot control my anger at times. He is also a very emotional, stressful, person.

What could this all mean?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2003, 05:31 PM   #2
Inactive

blondie_punk_girll HB User
Lightbulb

have u ever seen a therapist? while some of this sounds like BPD, alot of it doesnt. the majority of it to me sounds like antisocial personality disorder. if your really interested in finding out whats wrong with you and why you do the things that you do, then go to see a psychologist or psychiatrist and repeat all the stuff u just posted.
good luck

Old 10-11-2003, 03:55 PM   #3

mossimo HB User
I agree with blondie

Old 10-22-2003, 04:19 PM   #4

silverrav HB User
I have to say to the young lady who feels she suffers from bpd, part of it would seem so, but the other does seem like anti-social personality. What kind of a child hood did she have? Parents? etc. I have lived with a step-daughter who is bpd for a long time. It is difficult, I have had her to several therapists, etc... she is now 18 and free to do as she pleases or so she says.... any suggestions for me?

Old 12-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
(male)

sheldon HB User
Re: Borderline Personality Disorder..or what else?

I think the scar or the wound is not yet healed that's why it's getting irritated. I think you should consult the doctor that performed her “C” section, tell him why her is still irritating after her section.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:43 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

fossilapostle HB User

I don't know if you have BPD, but obviously you have some problems in your life that you realize yourself.

There may be some therapy or medication or combination that could help you lead a life that you are more happy with. I'd suggest getting some help. You're already done the biggest step of admitting that you have a problem, now you just need to get some help with it. If you have a regular doctor, ask for a referral to a psychiatrist. IF not, just try to find one yourself.

Good luck.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

It could be that you have learned at some young age what you need to do to get your own way...go to a psychiatrist if you really want to know but I think it is a lot more serious than BPD. If you were a guy you would of had some sort of hx of jail time... or maybe you do?

Closed Thread