It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
(female)

mjpd HB User
Cool Borderline Personality Disorder

I have been recently been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, anyone out there that can give advise or suggestions of going forward and managing this disorder would be very helpful.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
(female)

PAYNE HB User
Re: Borderline Personality Disorder

I was diagnosed with BPD, too--and I went through two treatments of what's called Dialectical Behavioral Therapy or DBT. The patient meets in a group with other borderlines, under the guidance of therapists, and he/she goes through a book of exercises, readings, etc. It was designed by Marsha Linehan (sp?), specifically for borderlines. I would ask a therapist about it--and make sure you do get into therapy and stay there. Some borderlines get mad at their therapists and hop from one to another. That will not work. I was also in weekly therapy for three years. It takes a lot of work and motivation, but you can get better. In fact, some people are now talking about "cure." I admit that my BPD was a "high-functioning" variety, but two therapists and my current psychiatrist now say that they see no evidence of BPD (such as rage) in me. Best wishes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
(female)

mjpd HB User
Thumbs up Re: Borderline Personality Disorder

Thank you Payne, one of my major problems is working with groups. I will have to reference a group here and see if it helps.

I just want to live!

Thanks for your support.

Closed Thread