It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
(female)

shemilo HB User
BPD? I need to know for sure.

Well, I'm 18, female and I think I have BPD. My behaviour has been persistent for the past 3 to 4 years. I'll give you a account of my symptoms. Bear with me as I have to be absolutely sure. Only then can I tell my parents and seek professional help.
- I have uncontrollable anger and usually lash our verbally at those around at me.
- I generally feel people misunderstand and exaggerate my temper.
- I yell louder than I think and I absolutely hate it when they try to rationalize.
- I generally feel I'm right and I hate to be challenged.
- I get angry with the most ridiculous things eg. person changing a channel, someone doesn't hold something properly. I stopped talking to my best friend for almost a year because she didn't get me a present on my birthday.
- I always have issues when my close friends are in relationships as I feel neglected, unwanted and used.
- I isolate myself when I am neglected by someone for more than 2 days.
I usually give the silent treatment at first and loathe them, if they push me to reason..I scream.
- I'm labelled as an " over-reacting paranoid *****". They try to tell me they don't think so. But I know they do.
- If someone does something that annoys me, I'll conceal it till my anger builds up. I avoid confrontation because I don't know what to say or I'm afraid of looking too needy .
- I'm suspicious of people's motives.
- I can't stand being too close to someone. If I like the person a little more than others I have to get away. I get scared when things go too well.
- Physically touching someones as minor as brushing arms or legs completely freezes me. I hate hugging people and avoid it.
- I lie and manipulate to get my way. If someone stops talking to me, I need to know why. Not necessarily because I care for the person. I just need to know what I did wrong.
- I have insomnia as I can't get sleep. I sleep late and wake up late.
- I can read other peoples emotions well and usually manipulate it so I can mirror it to show common ground and hence build a friendship. I do this because I find it difficult to show them who I really am, because I don't know who I am. Projecting their personalities makes it less likely getting rejected and therefore less pain.
- Despite my strong dislikes and likes. I can't empathize. I can sympathize though. I avoid emotional conversations unless it's absolutely necessary. They make me extremely uncomfortable. I usually change the topic then.
- Some people say they need alcohol and drugs to numb themselves from pain. I need them to feel pain and remind myself that I am capable of caring for someone.
- I scratch myself sometimes because if im questioned about it, I blame it on my cats. Cutting is too prominent. I am tempted to do it.

- I concentrate on my work as I feel it compensates for my relationships and seems to have more meaning . Which is also why I have never been in a relationship for more than a week.
- The thought of being emotionally dependent on someone disgusts me but I also know I fear the thought of being alone.

Thanks for being patient and hearing me out.

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 08-26-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: BPD? I need to know for sure.

A quick answer is that you meet a number of criteria for BPD. I would suggest taking the next step and getting a firm diagnosis from a doctor
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 09-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
(female)

texscali HB User
Re: BPD? I need to know for sure.

I am 43 years old and have been in therapy for 4 years. My therapist states that I am borderline personality disorder and we both have the same symptoms. Please, get some help. You have made a big first step in realizing that you might have a problem. I wouldn't accept I had a problem until my last suicide attempt which was 4 years ago. This disease limits us to having a "normal" life, please see a therapist or psychiatrist.

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 09-22-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Closed Thread