It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

SamIAm2010 HB User
feeling rejected for no reason

I don't know if I have BPD or not, but I do have a lot of the traits. I don't let people get close to me, but once in a blue moon when I do, I get very attached and dependent. I haven't seen my recent boyfriend in 4 days because he has a busy schedule. We were supposed to hang out tonight but he told me that I couldn't drive to see him because the roads are too bad. He is completely trustworthy and I know that he is just concerned for my safety but I'm still upset. I am really trying to control my emotions. When I was younger, I would flip out on my boyfriends for that sort of thing. I am still worried that I might one day get like that once we become closer. I am having a hard time acting "normal" and not acting moody towards him now. I should be happy that he cares about me so much, but I feel rejected. It would be a different story if I wasn't in the mood to see him (which i get into moods like that all the time where i just want to be myself). How can I act normal and not hold a grudge for something so trivial? I want to act like it didn't bother me. I can't tell him how I feel because he would think that I am psycho.

The following user gives a hug of support to SamIAm2010:
kellygirl87 (03-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
(female)

mr09 HB User
Re: feeling rejected for no reason

understand that this situation isn't in your control - the weather is the conflicting factor. he is right, if the roads are bad, it would be unsafe for you to drive. take some deep breaths, call him and tell him you miss him and make plans for another day so you feel a little more assured that you will see and be with him again. let go of it once you feel as though you are ready. it will become easier when you accept that you can't see him and work on ways to control your anxiety about feeling rejected. if it makes you feel better to tell him why you're anxious (even if you're embarrassed or scared) it may be a good time to have that conversation with him. i know how you feel, yet the person i was with never validated my feelings and turned it around on me because she had her own problems. stay calm, i can assure you that you will see him again soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread