It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
(male)

Kokosam HB User
BPD, completely ruining my life and friendships

So, I have BPD and things have always been going so tough around me. My mother has the same illness and has always been so distant and often abusive towards me.

My biggest dilemma is friends. I joined a new school and made some really cool friends. However, as I make a friend, I start to think that that friend is ignoring me and hates me (for no reason). I start to distance myself from that friend and then feel bad and then try to become close to him/her again.

The cycle has continued throughout my life. Will I EVER have a close friendship with anyone?

BPD has effected every way of my life. My schooling has been disrupted several times to the fact that I have changed 8 schools in total.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:14 AM   #2
(female)

Gobbles HB User
Re: BPD, completely ruining my life and friendships

I'm sorry I can't help you, but I suffer from this as well. I think the answer lies in cognitive behavioral therapy but if it's not funded then it's pretty expensive I don't know if you have mood swings or not, but the only thing that helped with my intense and random moods of anger, was when my old psychologist told me that I'm not really angry, I'm not crazy, (I thought I was losing my mind) just scared. That calmed me down quite a bit.. but all the other stuff is still there, pushing people away, etc. My mother was abusive too. Have you looked into seeing a psychologist?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread