It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #1
(female)

ZeeCaptain HB User
Lightbulb So I have derealization/depersonalization..

I'm at a point where I want to meet or just talk with someone who has it as well. Or have a go at discussion on it with people who have or study it, I think it would help mento achieve the ability to progress further in my life.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
(male)

Mc55m HB User
Re: So I have derealization/depersonalization..

Well I had never even heard of this disorder until earlier today when my girlfriend (who is in nursing school) txted me that she figured out what is wrong with me! For so long now I have had these episodes where I kinda go on 'autopilot' is the best word I've been able to come up with. It's like I am watching me live my life through my own eyes but I have no control over what 'I' am doing. Afterwards I don't remember everything, sometimes I remember some of what happens but not everything. I always felt like it was just me and I had to deal with it, but now that I know this is something real and not all just in my head it gives me something to grab onto whenever I have my next episode. I wish I had more advice to say than just telling my story, but I haven't had a lot of time to process this great new development!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
(female)

Riv888 HB User

Yes I can relate to "auto pilot." Like I described in my own post, it feels like falling into a stare and when I come out of it I realize I only can recall little snippets of what I was just doing. It doesn't happen all the time but most of the time.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
(female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User

I think a cause could be severe stress, when one has just too much stress to handle, and this is the body's way of coping, by "numbing" itself, so to speak. It is sort of like "Anhedonia" which is a Greek word, meaning lack of joy or pleasure.

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, depersonalization, derealization