It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Personality Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
(female)

Bella143 HB User
New here Looking for friends and support

Hello ,
I was DX with Borderline personality

Old 02-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
(female)

Turtle2 HB User
Re: New here Looking for friends and support

I'm looking for mutually supportive friendships too. Did you just recently get diagnosed? I have had the diagnosis for a while but initially was told "everyone has "quirks" in their personalities "there is nothing you can do". I have found out that with DBT and other resources and a lot of hard work there can be improvement made. All of that being said it is difficult to live with this because people don't understand what it is like and why we just can't get over things or making a big deal out of nothing. Feel free to ask questions or if you need someone to understand what you are going through.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ivy2002 HB User

hi..i think my dx of bpd comes and goes depending on the doc...they do agree on depression/anxiety/ptsd though...i have a hard time making friends ..but do enjoy chatting online..since its easier for me to relate and actually respond that way..but yeah i do fit the criteria for bppd..but really juts saying hi..

The Following User Says Thank You to ivy2002 For This Useful Post:
Turtle2 (03-03-2013)
Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
(female)

Turtle2 HB User

Hi! I appreciate you stopping by and say Hi! Yes, BPD seems to come and go for me as well. I guess it depends on the individual and your age. I have been researching it a lot lately and it seems the worst of it is usually over once you get into your 40s for some reason. Dr.s and therapist are surprised to hear I have it because I don't have the stereotypical behaviors that usually go with it mine is all emotional and mood which makes it hard to make and keep friends. I find online chatting helpful too because you have that extra time to think about how and what you want to say. Have you found your quote to me true? "When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others." I find it hard for me as a BPD to achieve and maintain but I'm working on it! Best wishes to you!

Old 03-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ivy2002 HB User

hey.. im working hard to find peace within myself...im learning that i kinda have to come first you know..and yes its hard but im working on it

Reply Reply