It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2002, 07:51 PM   #1

MultiConfussed HB User
Lightbulb PTSD / Agorphobia, Panic Attacks and Geodon

Hi folks,
I am in Public Safety, back in March I was in a life threatening situation at work, got diagnosed with Severe Chronic PTSD, Severe Panic Attacks, Agorophobia, and now they have prescribed with Geodon., which is an Atypical anti-psycotic med. I get the feeling the are moving me into the direction of a diagnosis of schizophrenia. I have not heard of Geodon being prescribed for the above mentioned initial diagnosis. Geodon is working great. Three questions, 1: If a person of normal mental health who would take geodon, would there be no results since they are normal, 2: Since Geodon is working for me does that mean I have a pyschotic disorder, 3: With these diagnosis and being prescibed Geodon basically mean the end of my career in Law Enforcemnt.

Many Thanks for your help

Old 10-30-2002, 01:55 PM   #2

Faith80 HB User
First off, I'm sorry that something tragic has happened to you and has effected you in such a harsh way. As for all your questions, I think your best bet is to ask the doctor who prescribed geodeon to you and see what he/she has to say,....that's what they are there for hon. Sorry I can't be of anymore more help.

PS-I have been on meds before that say it's for one thing, but my doctor has given me it for another-liek I'm on neurtron for sleep, but when you look it up it says it's for seizures and I don't have seizures

------------------
As long as there is life, there is hope

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2002, 08:02 PM   #3

sweetwawa HB User
i was in a high stress situation recently but probably not like yours.

i was prescribed zyprexa for high stress.
i too thought that the diagnosis was something else but realized it can be for many other things; however, the medication ended up being too potent,which i learned 2 months later.
If the medication is helping you i don't think it means you are definitely that diagnosis no; however, speak to the doctor to find out the indications or uses of the drug you're taking and if its only for schizophrenia.

I know the fear of having been either misdignosed or possibly treated wrongly. Second opinions always help.
I was in a tough situation which caused me to possibly be mis or overdiagnosed/medicated and am going to seek a 2nd or 3rd opinion.

Closed Thread