It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2003, 10:26 PM   #1

Duner HB User
Head lice phobia!!!!!!

I cant stand it!!

I'm driving myself crazy thinking everyone I come encounter with has it.

I stood next to someone for a minute and now I'm obsessing, what if I got it!!!

I cant stop.

Uhg!!! Everyday I deal with this lately. I have several obsessions though this is just one of many.

It makes me feel like a bad person. I always look at people and think oh it looks like they could have somthing nasty.
Why do I judge?????
I know its the OCD but I still feel bad.

Duner

Old 12-17-2003, 04:47 AM   #2
Inactive

JennMorgan HB User
Re: Head lice phobia!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duner
I cant stand it!!

I'm driving myself crazy thinking everyone I come encounter with has it.

I stood next to someone for a minute and now I'm obsessing, what if I got it!!!

I cant stop.

Uhg!!! Everyday I deal with this lately. I have several obsessions though this is just one of many.

It makes me feel like a bad person. I always look at people and think oh it looks like they could have somthing nasty.
Why do I judge?????
I know its the OCD but I still feel bad.

Duner

Hey, I can relate to this, but I know why....About 2 months ago, my 8 year old son got it from school and of course brung it home where my other 2 kids got it, and even me, and it was my first time ever getting it! The crap was hard to get rid of, and with the way I am about cleaning (you replied to that post) it really botered me that I couldnt get rid of it....Now I want to do a lice check when company comes in my door, but how dumb would I feel then? Lol-But now when we go to playgroup or to eat out, I constantly worry that we will get it again...One thing though is, Lice are not only on dirty people, I am so far from dirty that it is crazy and I got it ya know? They like clean hair, not greasy nasty hair. So most likely the people you see and think "Oh my god they probably have something" in reality, probably dont Now I keep my boys heads shaved in a flat-top/bowl cut type thing to assure that they wont get it, because their hair isnt long enough now to let the bugs stay or the nits stick.....I dont know if you are female or male, but if you are male, keep your head shaved as short as you can stand it, and if you are female, keep a tight ponytail when you go out, I hear this helps to prevent them somewhat.....Good luck! Jenn-23, mom to Erik-8, Alex-4 & Abby-2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2003, 06:08 PM   #3
(male)

mydogisgus2000 HB User

I would reason it like this, head lice is no big deal. Worse case is to shave your head or buy shampoo from the drug store. So what. Try thinking of it this way and it might help you get through it.

Old 12-19-2003, 04:01 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

TerryB HB User

I would be afraid that shaving your head or changing your hairstyle would represent a "win" for the OCD but I just it depends if you are ready to fight these thoughts off right now or if you are feeling too weak.

Old 12-19-2003, 05:40 AM   #5
(male)

mydogisgus2000 HB User

I meant only if he/she actually got lice. I certainly wouldn't shave my head or spend any money before then. But that is easier said for people that are not obsessed about it. I was just suggesting another way of looking at the problem.

Closed Thread