It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Phobias Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2003, 03:05 PM   #1

aimazing HB User
Question Phobia of a person- possible? OCD? Please reply.

I've posted before but I'd like to please have advice on what have panic attacks when seeing a certain person (written in an earlier posting on page 2 entitled "OCD- me?") could be other than OCD, because although some of it sounds similar, some also differs a lot.

If it is a phobia of this person- how can that be overcome? Contact is no longer an option for it has been done in a meeting and failed already. This person- teacher- would not be willing to do it again, I am certain and I don't know if it would help. Regular contact had been suggested to me but that I very much doubt is an option. Are there any ideas for this please? I need help before I go back to school. I've never been so terrified to go back.

Recently I've not been able to touch things that relate to her- the specific type of purple. I dropped it when I realised how similar it was to something that had been worn by this person and couldn't pick it up. My hand went all tingly and weird, along with my stomach. Other things such as that have also happened; such as certain books, tv programes, etc.

If it's not a phobia what else could it be? How can it be an anxiety disorder if it only centers around this one person?

Sorry to ramble; I don't know how much sense that makes but I would really apprechiate a reply.

Old 01-12-2004, 01:39 AM   #2

samalexandra HB User
Re: Phobia of a person- possible? OCD? Please reply.

I have the same kind of problem. Exposure doesn't really seem to help as my panic attacks continue. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread